P700 2016 700-4 won't start

R

Rhutchinson123

Aug 7, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello everyone, working on a family members pioneer 700 that wouldn't start last night. It cranks, but won't start. And the dash stays illuminated withoutthekey in it, with a flashing wrench light. 7 slow flashes, 3 quick. I tried searching for a 73 code, no luck most of the lists didn't go that high. Any suggestions on what else it could be or how to diagnose the codes? Thanks for the help!

R

Rhutchinson123

Aug 7, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll check the fuses now that we have some daylight. Would a stuck relay prevent it from starting? It cranks no issue, don't remember hearing the fuel pump turn on.

Reactions: Smitty335
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll check the fuses now that we have some daylight. Would a stuck relay prevent it from starting? It cranks no issue, don't remember hearing the fuel pump turn on.
yes what it is if im not mistaken istaking away from the start up cycle. no fuel no fire. kind of situation.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

R

Rhutchinson123

Aug 7, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So we unhooked the battery so it wouldn't drain overnight. Hooked it back up this morning and it fired right up. A mystery for now, we'll see if it comes back. Thanks again for the help!

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
So we unhooked the battery so it wouldn't drain overnight. Hooked it back up this morning and it fired right up. A mystery for now, we'll see if it comes back. Thanks again for the help!
if it happens again look at the relay. it could of just been a fluke that it hung up. and could be good for a while. glad you got it up and going

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!