BOX1

2016 Melted hole in rear floorboard!!!!!

Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll take mine in in the near future. I want a real fix so I'll likely have to mod something up

TxRider

TxRider

Oct 17, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting development I ordered a new floorboard and look what Honda is doing now. The one on the left is the old floorboard I took off with my fix.
8E39FBAA 9720 4796 A0DA B0134820A510
The new one shows they are now putting a heat shield in the area that burnt through. So to say this was caused by bad gas is ridiculous! Honda obviously knows there is a heat problem here.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Interesting development I ordered a new floorboard and look what Honda is doing now. The one on the left is the old floorboard I took off with my fix. View attachment 225192 The new one shows they are now putting a heat shield in the area that burnt through. So to say this was caused by bad gas is ridiculous! Honda obviously knows there is a heat problem here.
I think Honda needs to give all of us protoype buggies to test, it would save them a lot of money?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting development I ordered a new floorboard and look what Honda is doing now. The one on the left is the old floorboard I took off with my fix. View attachment 225192 The new one shows they are now putting a heat shield in the area that burnt through. So to say this was caused by bad gas is ridiculous! Honda obviously knows there is a heat problem here.

Their lawyers will argue Honda knows there may at times be a heat issue caused by the customer purchasing bad gas. To which Honda is offering a solution.

Reactions: Farmer and Isaiah
R

rickoshea

QUOTE="Smitty335, post: 708310, member: 5867"]
I think Honda needs to give all of us protoype buggies to test, it would save them a lot of money?
[/QUOTE] isn't that the polaris business plan for selling orv's ? except they have to buy them as opposed to giving them.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!