Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
what does that mean, it’s unclear - they are buying you a new head and my guess new valves/valtrain - etc.

are they still splitting cases ?

Replacing rings ?
No they involved, just me. And just head. Look at section 15 in the service manual at what all has to take place to replace the pistons and rings. Then ya'll tell me if you think the 16 is a throw away motor. I think it is. I'll never buy another S x S with the transmission case and cylinders a one piece unit. Go look at section 15.

Reactions: Buggyman and ChadD
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
No they involved, just me. And just head. Look at section 15 in the service manual at what all has to take place to replace the pistons and rings. Then ya'll tell me if you think the 16 is a throw away motor. I think it is. I'll never buy another S x S with the transmission case and cylinders a one piece unit. Go look at section 15.
any updates?

so are they replacing pistons\rings?

did they fix the wallowed valve issue, whatever that means? does that mean the valve guide was screwed up, etc.?

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!