Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
***SOLD***

Okay, this IS a for sale post. :)

I am looking to sell, my buddy can't afford it right now but it has gotten me the itch. I am in Dyersburg TN and I will be willing to meet someone a reasonable distance away in any direction.

$14,194 not looking for any trades.

I have a little over 300 miles on it and all the accessories are Honda OEM. And as many of you probably know, they are VERY EASY miles and I have been extra particular about it. Most of the driving was in the yard and hills you see in the back ground. Some driving on a blacktop road and one muddy field crossing in 2WD, didn't even slow it down. Not 100% sure what I am going to get to replace it yet. Still debating but my wife and I have ridden in some other machines and she and I both think we would be happier in something else.

So I hope this goes to a good home where someone can have some fun with it.

-Front and Rear A-arms guards
-Warn 4500 winch w/wired remote
-Roll cage bag
-Center Mirror
-Hard Roof, 5P
-Bed liner
-5 year warranty (aftermarket)

Pics:
IMG 2395
IMG 2396
IMG 2397
IMG 2398
IMG 2399
IMG 2400
IMG 2401
IMG 2402
IMG 2403
IMG 2406
IMG 2408
IMG 2411

Last edited:
Reactions: Jshell3
J

JTW

What?? I mean I knew you loved it and the you hated it but I thought you were back to loving it again??

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What?? I mean I knew you loved it and the you hated it but I thought you were back to loving it again??

I don't hate it but I definitely don't love it. I just don't particularly think it fits my usage right now compared to other options. Particularly the slow driving around the lake and up and down the hill behind the house, which is where it gets used the most. When my buddy talked about buying it, my wife said "Well, what will we get instead". I told her I didn't know, that we needed to go and try some. We did and there is something that I like a little better but she likes way more and something some friends that she works with have on their farms and they really like.

So that got her blessing to try something else. I will probably regret this too. But it will be "interesting" to try something else. :)

Reactions: drfubar
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What are you two liking?

Can Am Defender HD8 XT.

There are some things that I really don't like about it that I have actually listed here before, but there are more things that she does like about it. I can live with the things that I don't like that I think Honda does better and they have improved a couple of the items that I found as problems especially the shifter.

My wife really likes the work mode and the adjustable drivers seat and all the extra storage the comfortable seats, the flat tailgate, the bigger bed and the quieter low speed ride.

I like the fact that being a CVT it doesn't need to shift and it stays in the ideal power band. The P1000 shift point between 1st and 2nd is in the worst spot imaginable for me where I use it most. The choice of either leaving it in 1st and screaming it or going to the head bangers ball without the music isn't much fun for me. The Defender has a very low Low Range so it will be much better for me on my 5 MPH cruising/hill climbs around the yard and on the farm.

Since I don't hard core mud ride or rock crawl, the Criscolock front Diff shouldn't be too much of a detriment for me. (I have never used the 4WD in the Pioneer other than to make sure it works, but I wish Can Am would give it up and put in a locker)

I hope everyone here has no problems with their machines and continues to enjoy them and that Honda continues to make improvements to the P1000.

Who knows, next year I may decide that I hate CVT drive and want to go back to Honda.:eek:

Never owned anything but Honda before and never owned a CVT so it should be an adventure.;)

Plus, if I have problems, the Can Am dealership is like 5 miles from my house and on the way to and from work for me versus being 45 min away and the opposite direction.:D

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can Am Defender HD8 XT.

There are some things that I really don't like about it that I have actually listed here before, but there are more things that she does like about it. I can live with the things that I don't like that I think Honda does better and they have improved a couple of the items that I found as problems especially the shifter.

My wife really likes the work mode and the adjustable drivers seat and all the extra storage the comfortable seats, the flat tailgate, the bigger bed and the quieter low speed ride.

I like the fact that being a CVT it doesn't need to shift and it stays in the ideal power band. The P1000 shift point between 1st and 2nd is in the worst spot imaginable for me where I use it most. The choice of either leaving it in 1st and screaming it or going to the head bangers ball without the music isn't much fun for me. The Defender has a very low Low Range so it will be much better for me on my 5 MPH cruising/hill climbs around the yard and on the farm.

Since I don't hard core mud ride or rock crawl, the Criscolock front Diff shouldn't be too much of a detriment for me. (I have never used the 4WD in the Pioneer other than to make sure it works, but I wish Can Am would give it up and put in a locker)

I hope everyone here has no problems with their machines and continues to enjoy them and that Honda continues to make improvements to the P1000.

Who knows, next year I may decide that I hate CVT drive and want to go back to Honda.:eek:

Never owned anything but Honda before and never owned a CVT so it should be an adventure.;)

Plus, if I have problems, the Can Am dealership is like 5 miles from my house and on the way to and from work for me versus being 45 min away and the opposite direction.:D
Happy wife!... So they say.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bump for price drop to $14,194

Selling now for the same as Abernathy Honda and I am only 45 min South of them so if you are planning on getting one from Abernathy, you could just come to my house instead and get the same thing that has had the break in oil change from Abernathy as well as $2,000+ in accessories installed.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. but I thought you said yours was junk!!?

He has a point you've dogged and complained about the many shortcoming of "your" machine on here. Now you're trying to sell it while proclaiming its many excellent features.

You might not get what you want for it on here. Craigslist or PioneerTrader might be better, where "your" machine is more anonymous.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I honestly don't think it will sell anyway and I will have to trade it. Most people have to finance anything over $500 so they have to buy at a dealer.

But I thought I would give people a chance at it if they really want a Honda at a decent price.

According to everyone on here, the machine is fine/I am wrong/too particular/don't know what I am talking about/etc.

So it should be just as good as any other Honda, right?

Reactions: Jshell3 and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I honestly don't think it will sell anyway and I will have to trade it. Most people have to finance anything over $500 so they have to buy at a dealer.

But I thought I would give people a chance at it if they really want a Honda at a decent price.

According to everyone on here, the machine is fine/I am wrong/too particular/don't know what I am talking about/etc.

Yes should be, but it's perception.

A $100bill from a bank teller is more desirable, than say a $100 bill from a fat woman's bra in August(I know there are a few weirdos out there)

They bill from the bank might have been worse places, but you don't know that.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yes should be, but it's perception.

A $100bill from a bank teller is more desirable, than say a $100 bill from a fat woman's bra in August(I know there are a few weirdos out there)

They bill from the bank might have been worse places, but you don't know that.

J

Jshell3

I second that about financing.

I've often wondered if a buyer would even buy a slightly used bike financed through local bank @10%.
When NEW a Honda has lower interest rates from the dealer.

Math works out to a

$14,000 used at $267 per month
Vs
$16,000 NEW at $270 per month

Even though it $2,000 in the purchase, hard to sell used to a financing buyer.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I second that about financing.

I've often wondered if a buyer would even buy a slightly used bike financed through local bank @10%.
When NEW a Honda has lower interest rates from the dealer.

Math works out to a

$14,000 used at $267 per month
Vs
$16,000 NEW at $270 per month

Even though it $2,000 in the purchase, hard to sell used to a financing buyer.
That's because people are stupid!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!