2016 Pioneer 1000 Wont go

W

WYCow44

Dec 5, 2022
WY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yesterday while stopped at a gate it shut off. I turned it back on and it will not go, I can put it in H L or R, but the machine will not engage. We towed it home. This morning it turned on and has ran great all day, until this afternoon when it did the same thing. We do not have the paddle shifters and the only thing we get is gear 3 yesterday and 4 today when it did this. Ideas? Could it be the angle sensor? Or something different. (has 14000 miles)

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Since its a 16’ might as well get this out of the way…..
Has it had the clutch update?
might not matter in this situation, but its a 16’ and is going to be asked. My guess is a sensor tho

Also, got any pics of the Rig?
#POIDH

W

WYCow44

Dec 5, 2022
WY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
might not matter in this situation, but its a 16’ and is going to be asked. My guess is a sensor tho

#POIDH
What is the clutch update? A recall? If so no. We are leaning toward the sensor, but were unsure if it is the one on the shift motor?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What is the clutch update? A recall? If so no. We are leaning toward the sensor, but were unsure if it is the one on the shift motor?
Well it was a campaign not a recall exactly. There were issues with the clutches and such with the 16-17’s like mine. Was very recommended to get it done cuz u will have a failure eventually. Unfortunatly that campaign has ended so your left to updating it yourself. Here it is, might help you in your endeavor and to understand that machine better.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
The way you describe what is happening, the first thing I would do, is load test the battery.
It is an easy test and then you know it is not a low voltage problem.
Yes, our Hondas will start with a bad battery. Other problems start showing up as the voltage starts dropping from usage throughout the day.
Have a good day

Last edited:
W

WYCow44

Dec 5, 2022
WY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
The way you describe what is happening, the first thing I would do, is test the battery.
It is an easy test and then you know it is not a low voltage problem.
Yes, our Hondas will start with a bad battery. Other problems start showing up as the voltage starts dropping from usage throughout the day.
Have a good day
Thanks I'll check

Reactions: Smitty335
W

WYCow44

Dec 5, 2022
WY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

#POIDH
Remington, I finally got the Angle shift sensor for the Honda pioneer 1000 (2016). Where is it located on the machine? Thanks and sorry I am an idiot

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington, I finally got the Angle shift sensor for the Honda pioneer 1000 (2016). Where is it located on the machine? Thanks and sorry I am an idiot
The search up top is your friend

oh…and were still waiting on those pics

Reactions: Buggyman
W

WYCow44

Dec 5, 2022
WY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The search up top is your friend

oh…and were still waiting on those pics
Thank you. What kind of pics? What the readout says or of the machine?

W

WYCow44

Dec 5, 2022
WY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 20221214 131535
IMG 20221214 133737

Reactions: TripleB
W

WYCow44

Dec 5, 2022
WY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here are the pictures. Today it fired up and ran perfectly to the shop, until we got a couple hundred yards away. It shut off and we turned it right back on and this is what it reads in High, Low or Reverse and will not go. The previous two times it said Gear 3. We just finished replacing the angle sensor and it didn't work.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!