P700 2017 700-4 Sputtered then could not start?

Tropicalfruitfarm

Tropicalfruitfarm

Nov 2, 2016
Merritt Island
www.islandtropicalfruit.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Drove the 700 around the farm today. Everything started out fine. Made multiple trips back to shed, and on one trip I added about 3 gallons of gas. On a trip back to the shed, it sputtered but recovered and was able to drive to shed. Then it wouldn't start. Battery is fine, it just wont turn over. Tried stepping on brake, shifting everything. I have the seat belt permanently connected as I typically don't use it. Nothing would get it to turn over. I checked relays and fuses and pulled one fuse out and put it back in.

Then I started to get weird things on the dash board, so I thought I would disconnect the battery to "reset" everything. Well, after doing that, the starter wouldn't even kick in! So then I tried to jump start it, no luck. So I left it for a while and tried to start it, I was back to square one, battery ( I have two) appeared to be fine and engage the starter, bit it just wouldn't turn over. I can't imagine the fuel was bad, it's ethanol free and purchased recently. I have about two hours on it after the recent dealer 20 hour maintenance work.

Any thoughts or things to try?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
What were the weird things you were getting on the dashboard?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Go look in that gas can. Just so you can rule it out. (water, diesel, trash)

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know when it's cold outside and the voltage drops while starting I will get weird stuff on the display. I know you said you have ruled out the battery, but I found on the Rincon forums that if the voltage is too low it will shut off the injector. Like gator said, it could be the gas.

Tropicalfruitfarm

Tropicalfruitfarm

Nov 2, 2016
Merritt Island
www.islandtropicalfruit.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well well well, I poured diesel into the tank.

In the old days it was easier to tell the difference. I purchased some new ethanol free gas and poured it into a plastic bottle to check the color. It is light green, like Mountain Dew. Then I did the same with the diesel, it too is light green.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good call, Gator! I forgot the first rule in troubleshooting: start with the easiest thing first.

Reactions: Gator
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow you almost had a double homicide there
Me and my brother did that to and 91 KX250
And a Kawasaki 440 stand up.....We were sad and feel your pain

advertisement
tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Bought some of those new quick pour Midwest 5 gallon cans at Rural King for 10 bucks for gas, 12 for diesel. Not sure why yellow cost more than red but it's worth it not get your fuels mixed up.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!