Multi 2017 Pioneer Takeover - April 28 & 29th - Ride Royal Blue!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm coming with a toyhauler like yours. What is the best route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From North (I64 Lexington, KY) or South (I40 Knoxville, TN) get on I-75 and you take exit 144 in TN that is Stinking Creek Road. Take Stinking Creek road 4 miles East all downhill to RRB campground. They have a large sign on right side of road just past their entrance. The concrete bridge crossing Stinking Creek is narrow so be careful pulling in with anything over 30' long. Seen more than a few new toyhaulers get jacked up on the concrete by inexperienced drivers.

Also locals drive bats*** crazy speeds down that 45 mph road, seen more than one on its roof in front of RRB, look twice before pulling out driving anything.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Here is a live view i got from a buddy that lives close. Needless to say dust will not be a problem this trip.

Screen shot 2012 09 29 at 24655 PM

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From North (I64 Lexington, KY) or South (I40 Knoxville, TN) get on I-75 and you take exit 144 in TN that is Stinking Creek Road. Take Stinking Creek road 4 miles East all downhill to RRB campground. They have a large sign on right side of road just past their entrance. The concrete bridge crossing Stinking Creek is narrow so be careful pulling in with anything over 30' long. Seen more than a few new toyhaulers get jacked up on the concrete by inexperienced drivers.

Also locals drive bats*** crazy speeds down that 45 mph road, seen more than one on its roof in front of RRB, look twice before pulling out driving anything.

Looks like google maps is taking me on some state highways off I40. Do you recommend this? Looks pretty curvy in spots.

F87d7643eb33cdc0af09436f982b19b2

BKopp

BKopp

Sep 26, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How far west of Nashville are you coming from? Take 840 around if you can as going through Nashville sucks. I live just off exit 14 on 840. If anyone needs anything coming through. I can't leave until 6:00 am Friday morning as my wife is on call until then

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Looks like google maps is taking me on some state highways off I40. Do you recommend this? Looks pretty curvy in spots.

View attachment 41155

The town of montery kinda sucks but its not too bad. Our group has pulled 30'+ toyhaulers through there and RVs. it just seems to take forever once you get off the interstate for us nashville people. but since you are coming from AR you probably wont even notice.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

How far west of Nashville are you coming from? Take 840 around if you can as going through Nashville sucks. I live just off exit 14 on 840. If anyone needs anything coming through. I can't leave until 6:00 am Friday morning as my wife is on call until then

YEEEASSS!!! Nashville traffic always sucks unless you can pass through after midnight!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 41155
If you time your trip to go through Nashville just after morning rush (about 9:30) you will be fine to go 440. If you want to take your time 840 is great, there's never anyone on it just takes longer.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I knew we lived close, but didn't realize till now your just down the road.

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm coming from NW Arkansas. Leaving at 8 am I'm guessing I get to Nashville right around 4-5pm... ugh

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm coming with a toyhauler like yours. What is the best route?

From North or South get on I-75 and you take exit 144 in TN that is Stinking Creek Road. Take Stinking Creek road 4 miles East all downhill to RRB campground. They have a large sign on right side of road just past their entrance. The concrete bridge crossing Stinking Creek is narrow so be careful pulling in with anything over 30' long. Seen more than a few new toyhaulers get jacked up on the concrete by inexperienced drivers.

Also locals drive bats*** crazy speeds down that 45 mph road, seen more than one on its roof in front of RRB, look twice before pulling out on anything.

View attachment 41155
Don't follow GPS other than I40 to I75 from south definitely from the North don't get off I75 onto 25W it will get you there, not sure about anything you are towing, plus it washed out in parts yesterday.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
i had to buy helper springs today just the cheap ones from advanced but added 2 to each spring lol this is my first tow with something this size and weight im a little scurd!!!View attachment 41209

If you want a permanent solution later down the road, check out Auto Spring. I have there rear add a leaf and it's a high quality piece.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!