DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I first got it, I checked it and checked it and checked it and found that it's got two wires coming off the coil. The one on the lower plug had a little bit of sparked. The one on the upper plug had no spark so I switched the coil with one that I had. It only had one wire on it and it fired up and ran for a little bit but now it doesn't do nothing . And now I'm not getting no spark on either coil so I don't know if I mess something up or if it had the problem before. Messed with it, but I didn't think switching the coil with another one would do anything to hurt it, but the devil coil only had spark coming off the lower plug and nothing off the top plug. And before I switch schools it was just backfire a little bit every now and then not fire up and I switched coils and it fired up. But now it has positive side of your coil and nothing on the negative side. I checked the wire going from the call all the way up to the computer and it's good and I check the wire going from the pickup all the way up to the computer and it's good but I don't know what the readings are supposed to be on the pickup and I don't know how to test the computer. I also heard there's a way to pull codes on these things without having a scanner. Something about crossing a wire somewhere or something like that but I don't know how to do that either. If somebody know it can tell me how to do that that would be great. I appreciate all the help in advance. Thanks!

Reactions: FJC 79
dgystyle

dgystyle

Mar 10, 2023
Reva,va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Still trying to figure this thing out, does anybody know how many ohms are supposed to be on the two pulse generator/ pickup wires coming out of the stator, I'd like to be able to rule out this data and just get the computer but I think I got it narrowed down between the two. Two so if anybody can help me with this I'd appreciate it. And thanks for all the help I've gotten so far

Reactions: FJC 79 and DG Rider
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
did you buy a manual?

My hunch without a manual is it’s good if

-it has continuity
-it’s not grounded

Maybe someone will come along here that can see if ohms is listed in manual

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Still trying to figure this thing out, does anybody know how many ohms are supposed to be on the two pulse generator/ pickup wires coming out of the stator, I'd like to be able to rule out this data and just get the computer but I think I got it narrowed down between the two. Two so if anybody can help me with this I'd appreciate it. And thanks for all the help I've gotten so far
I don't have time right now...but if somebody doesn't do it soon, I'll take a look in the manual and see what's there. May be a day or two though...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You did read my post about checking the negative side of the coil to battery POSITIVE, right?

dgystyle

dgystyle

Mar 10, 2023
Reva,va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah I seen the post about the negative side of the cultured deposit side of the battery, and I wasn't getting anything on the negative side of cool. That's why I want to check and see if the pickup is good. I was getting 12 volts on the positive side of the coil but no kind of fluctuation whatsoever on the negative side and the light didn't come on when I put that test light on deposit side of the battery. So I wanted to go right to the post generator pick up and test the two. I think they're blue wires coming out and see what the ohms are on then because I did trace the wire all the way from the stator to the computer and it was no breaking that wire, but thanks for all the help from everybody. Everybody I'm still trying to get this thing and no I don't have a manual. I think I got something offline and manualslive.com or something but it's really doesn't show the things I need to know

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I seen the post about the negative side of the cultured deposit side of the battery, and I wasn't getting anything on the negative side of cool. That's why I want to check and see if the pickup is good. I was getting 12 volts on the positive side of the coil but no kind of fluctuation whatsoever on the negative side and the light didn't come on when I put that test light on deposit side of the battery. So I wanted to go right to the post generator pick up and test the two. I think they're blue wires coming out and see what the ohms are on then because I did trace the wire all the way from the stator to the computer and it was no breaking that wire, but thanks for all the help from everybody. Everybody I'm still trying to get this thing and no I don't have a manual. I think I got something offline and manualslive.com or something but it's really doesn't show the things I need to know
Just to make sure we're clear here: you should have a test light between battery positive and the negative wire the coil, and while cranking the light should flash. Just want to make sure we're not chasing ghosts....

dgystyle

dgystyle

Mar 10, 2023
Reva,va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes I did that and the light did not flash. I used a regular test light and didn't light up at all. I had to wire on the positive side of the battery and the point on the negative side of the coil, and I checked the positive side of the coil and I had 12 volts on the positive side of the coil. I checked the wire from the negative side of the coil all the way back to the computer and it was good. I also check the wire going from the computer to the pickup and it was good. I also checked the other wire on the pickup and it went to ground and it was good so I'm just don't know if it's the pickup or the computer. I don't want to buy one and have it turn out to be the other. That's why I want to test the pickup because I don't know how to test the computer. But appreciate you replying and trying to help me. But yeah I did do that with the test light and got nothing

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I did that and the light did not flash. I used a regular test light and didn't light up at all. I had to wire on the positive side of the battery and the point on the negative side of the coil, and I checked the positive side of the coil and I had 12 volts on the positive side of the coil. I checked the wire from the negative side of the coil all the way back to the computer and it was good. I also check the wire going from the computer to the pickup and it was good. I also checked the other wire on the pickup and it went to ground and it was good so I'm just don't know if it's the pickup or the computer. I don't want to buy one and have it turn out to be the other. That's why I want to test the pickup because I don't know how to test the computer. But appreciate you replying and trying to help me. But yeah I did do that with the test light and got nothing
Tool RM Stator has an affordable pvt available. Also have several instructional videos on testing procedures. RMSTATOR.com

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Screenshot 20230326 122238 Drive
Screenshot 20230326 122246 Drive
Screenshot 20230326 122254 Drive
Screenshot 20230326 122301 Drive

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did 60 miles yesterday, so Ima guessing mine meets "known good" criteria.

My resistance at 62 degrees was approximately 233 ohms between the blue/yellow and green wires (essentially, the two smaller wires) on the female (stator side) harness, disconnected just behind the gas tank. Also, infinite resistance (open) between either and engine case ( IE-ground ).

You should also check the male side connector on the green terminal. Should have little resistance to ground...like 1ohm or less.

Speak well of me...

dgystyle

dgystyle

Mar 10, 2023
Reva,va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for all y'alls help. I'm going to get out there today and try to figure this thing out with this new information that I got, I'll let you know how it turns out

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!