P1000 2018 base P1k-5 led bulb upgrade

Blacklabsmatter

Blacklabsmatter

Feb 23, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m looking to upgrade (I assume just the bulbs) to leds to match a small light bar I installed. The “orange” and “white” mixture of light colors drives me nuts. What have you guys used that weren’t terribly hard to install and are pleased with. Thanks!

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Here is another option. Otherwise the led lights on Amazon have been great for me on multiple vehicles.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Here is another option. Otherwise the led lights on Amazon have been great for me on multiple vehicles.
I second these. I played the LED lightbulb Game since 2016 and finally last year just bought these and installed them night And day difference then LED bulbs. Should not wasted my money and just bought these to start with. By the way, did I ever say that I like your dogs? LOL I have black labs myself

Blacklabsmatter

Blacklabsmatter

Feb 23, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was always leaning on doing the whole assembly up grade but was just checking to see if a quick $30 bulb would do the job but I’m thinking not. We do a lot of riding in darkness at the hunting camp in mornings and evenings so I want a decent amount. Thanks fellas!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I second these. I played the LED lightbulb Game since 2016 and finally last year just bought these and installed them night And day difference then LED bulbs. Should not wasted my money and just bought these to start with. By the way, did I ever say that I like your dogs? LOL I have black labs myself
Is a complicated process for headlamp aiming these lamps required? The instructions at the bottom of the advertisement states something like professional installation recommended.

Blacklabsmatter

Blacklabsmatter

Feb 23, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is a complicated process for headlamp aiming these lamps required? The instructions at the bottom of the advertisement states something like professional installation recommended.
Another member pm’d me some different links (thanks bud) and it does look a lil complicated but I have a buddy that is a side x side geek amd I’ll get him to do my install. I don’t have the patience for work like this! haha

Lol, those 2 goobers love to ride as much as we do!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Another member pm’d me some different links (thanks bud) and it does look a lil complicated but I have a buddy that is a side x side geek amd I’ll get him to do my install. I don’t have the patience for work like this! haha

Thanks for the facts. I can't see well enough to do close-up detailed tasks any longer but I have a tech savvy "handyman" available.

I think I'll order a pair of lamps and ask him to install them.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just to drop my 2 cents in. If you do a lot of night riding or any kind of darkness. A few well placed pod lights and a light bar or two will get you set up way better then the L.E.D headlight assembly. I have the L.E.D bulbs in my base model just cause I also didn't like the yellowish color, but I don't depend on my headlights at all.
Good luck!
My 2 cents 👍

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Just to drop my 2 cents in. If you do a lot of night riding or any kind of darkness. A few well placed pod lights and a light bar or two will get you set up way better then the L.E.D headlight assembly. I have the L.E.D bulbs in my base model just cause I also didn't like the yellowish color, but I don't depend on my headlights at all.
Good luck!
My 2 cents 👍
Are you saying the LED replacement lamps are not very effective for night driving?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No its acually very simple. A few screws that hold it in place. You may have to re aim them but its not hard.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Sorry, i posted that to the wrong person earlier about your dogs! That was supposed to be for u lol. So yeah, nice dogs! I have black labs as well.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are you saying the LED replacement lamps are not very effective for night driving?
I've never had the actual L.E.D replacement head lamps only the upgraded L.E.D bulbs. But everyone that has the factory L.E.D lamps upgrades to light bars and pods anyways. Much better field of view coverage. Im sure the L.E.D lamps are a night and day difference compared to just the L.E.D bulbs, but if you are considering it for "night rides" I would spend my money on aftermarket pods and bars.

SubseaCowboy

SubseaCowboy

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2020
Elgin, OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it helps, have these in both my Honda and F250. I have used them on a couple of night rides and extremely happy with them and super bright. I don't have any light bars.
IMG 0361 2

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
To second some of the above posts: I have led headlights (factory deluxe model) and added a 14” light bar later. The led head lights are pretty bright. I bought a light bar with a spot/flood setup so the sides of the trail are lit up better.

I was happy with the led headlights, but you can never have too much light in the dark IMO.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!