P1000 2018 On Its Way!

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Finally did it! Put a deposit down on a new 2018 1000-5 LE! The dealership had a few 17’s left over that they are blowing out, but some are still waiting on recall parts from Honda and living 4 hours away one way it was not worth the hassle to save a few bucks. The 18 will be here next week and the spending has begun! Have already ordered the following: Factory hardtop, Maxxis Buckshot Mudder II (thanks to Cuoutdoors for the recommendations) , 15” wheels, mirrors.

With that I have a few questions on additional options and accessories:

1: Anyone have any experience with the Honda extended front flairs? Was looking at going factory up front and the MudBuster in the rear.

2: Is the factory horn kit worth it? Can find a Hella electric horn kit for less. Would I still need the factory harness kit for aftermarket horn? Want a little more than a beep beep horn.

3: From the reviews on this sight, I have on order the Superwinch Terra 45. Will I still need the factory mounting kit?

4: For those of you with wheel spacers and all 4 tires the same size, are the 1” front and 1.5” rear the best option or just stick with the 1” rear? Any adverse effects to steering, clearance, wear?

5: Will also be extending all the vent lines, and while I am in routing lines, wires, etc I will double check fluids, fittings, etc. Cheap insurance.

6: Any other recommendations or suggestions? I want to buy as much as I can from vendors on this site and everyone has been great on here! Look forward to finally “joining the club”!

Now patiently waiting.........

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally did it! Put a deposit down on a new 2018 1000-5 LE! The dealership had a few 17’s left over that they are blowing out, but some are still waiting on recall parts from Honda and living 4 hours away one way it was not worth the hassle to save a few bucks. The 18 will be here next week and the spending has begun! Have already ordered the following: Factory hardtop, Maxxis Buckshot Mudder II (thanks to Cuoutdoors for the recommendations) , 15” wheels, mirrors.

1: Anyone have any experience with the Honda extended front flairs? Was looking at going factory up front and the MudBuster in the rear.

2: Is the factory horn kit worth it? Can find a Hella electric horn kit for less. Would I still need the factory harness kit for aftermarket horn? Want a little more than a beep beep horn.

3: From the reviews on this sight, I have on order the Superwinch Terra 45. Will I still need the factory mounting kit?

4: For those of you with wheel spacers and all 4 tires the same size, are the 1” front and 1.5” rear the best option or just stick with the 1” rear? Any adverse effects to steering, clearance, wear?

5: Will also be extending all the vent lines, and while I am in routing lines, wires, etc I will double check fluids, fittings, etc. Cheap insurance.

6: Any other recommendations or suggestions? I want to buy as much as I can from vendors on this site and everyone has been great on here! Look forward to finally “joining the club”!

3. Yes you'll need a mounting plate. There are several options.

4. I like just the 1" on rear. Because I dont want more mud thrown down the side and I didn't add flares

6. I highly recommend a full underbody skid made of UHMW. You can build your own from one big sheet or you can buy one from trail armor that is 5 pieces. They give 10% off to site members.

I've done both and haven't decided which I like better. Depends on price you can get a full sheet for.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the honda flairs. I like them a lot, they keep the mud from flinging in my face. They also look BA like bushwaker fender flairs. Skip the factory horn and get an aftermarket horn. There’s a few including myself that installed an aftermarket horn. If you decide to do a switch panel, you can install that on there. The currently have those wheel spacers, makes a big difference in better handling and steering IMO. Good luck with your purchase and Check out mine and other garages. Most of not all your questions will be answered. But always feel free to ask questions.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the honda flairs. I like them a lot, they keep the mud from flinging in my face. They also look BA like bushwaker fender flairs. Skip the factory horn and get an aftermarket horn. There’s a few including myself that installed an aftermarket horn. If you decide to do a switch panel, you can install that on there. The currently have those wheel spacers, makes a big difference in better handling and steering IMO. Good luck with your purchase and Check out mine and other garages. Most of not all your questions will be answered. But always feel free to ask questions.
Will you post picture of your flairs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

As I've told you several times, those flairs look BA and I wish they made them for the P5. If I were ever to buy a P1, that would be on the first round of accessories list. They do look like Bushwacker's.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
DE456105 2F15 49DB A645 12327D79DBC5
CA0E765F 2680 4AF0 9BB2 8579E52D9691
FD994406 C2F1 4CA2 B776 B3208D89ED27

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just chiming in on the flares, agreed they look awesome. A friend of mine put them on and had both busted after a couple rides. They are very rigid plastic with no give. I'd have to vote for the mudbuster flares, they've held up very well! Congrats on the new ride!!!

Reactions: BigOL3 and BWAF
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad that you've joined the club. Don't forget...……..

"WE WILL NEED PICTURES!!!!!"

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You should include an aux battery in your "to do" list.

also, if you add lights and other stuff, a switch panel is a must. Lots of guys have made their own, there's a member here that makes blanks also.. mystic is his screen name I think.. If you want to go next level on your switch panel, I HIGHLY recommend Concours Specialties panel.

It comes pre-wired and done. Easy install.

IMG 3627

Reactions: BWAF
NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well I took delivery Wednesday of a new 2018 LE and so far has not been a pleasant experience. The dealership is 4 hours away (one way) and during delivery was assured the machine was ready. Got home and had a hard time getting it started and driving up the driveway. Come to find out, it was completely out of fuel! Second, after fueling it up decided to start checking everything out. Found the following wrong so far:

First, the transfer case will not shift out of turf mode. Assuming it is only a cable adjustment, but still!

Second, the adjustment knob of one of the shocks freely swings back and forth from 1-3. The other three have a positive "notch" they click into on the various settings.

The machine currently has .5 mile on it. Will be calling dealer Tuesday to see what they can or want to do. Cant be wasting time and fuel costs on running this back and forth for service. Really hope this is not an indication of what is yet to come.

Going to also be checking all the fluids and settings.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well I took delivery Wednesday of a new 2018 LE and so far has not been a pleasant experience. The dealership is 4 hours away (one way) and during delivery was assured the machine was ready. Got home and had a hard time getting it started and driving up the driveway. Come to find out, it was completely out of fuel! Second, after fueling it up decided to start checking everything out. Found the following wrong so far:

First, the transfer case will not shift out of turf mode. Assuming it is only a cable adjustment, but still!

Second, the adjustment knob of one of the shocks freely swings back and forth from 1-3. The other three have a positive "notch" they click into on the various settings.

The machine currently has .5 mile on it. Will be calling dealer Tuesday to see what they can or want to do. Cant be wasting time and fuel costs on running this back and forth for service. Really hope this is not an indication of what is yet to come.

Going to also be checking all the fluids and settings.
We need pics! Or.....

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Want to give an update. Called Fox about the shock....their response was it will need to be replaced as it is not user serviceable. Called the dealership about the shock and the cable adjustment. They were very apologetic and said it will be made right. Knowing my situation being 4 hours away we decided to put a few quick miles on it and bring it in for the 100 mile service and make the repairs then. Satisfied with the solution, ended up ordering all my accessories and hard top from the dealership. They will even install the top for me.

Fast forward to tonight.....after being assured any of the problems will not have an affect on the machine I headed out for a ride. Ended up putting 20 miles on and am very pleased with the machine so far. Can't wait to get it at 100%. Quiet, smooth, nice ride for a utility type SXS. There is heat and a lot of it, but for my type of cool weather riding the heat was welcomed. Tomorrow I will work out the rattles on the doors and bed...and looking forward to many miles to come.

Pictures to come.....

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Finally getting time to install some of the accessories for the LE and have a question for those of you have the factory front fender flares.

Did the plastic push pins come with the flares? Instructions online lead me to believe they do. The online store says no....but they don’t offer the pins. Supposed to hear back Monday.

Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!