P1000 Shift problems on 1000-5

P

Pronghorn1

Oct 22, 2018
Prescott Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Pioneer 1000-5, 2018 model. Today it was really hot out and I was driving in some rocky areas fairly slow. As I cleared the area and started to speed up my rig wouldn’t shift? I tried the paddle shift also. After I came to a stop and shut the thing down it started shifting fine. A little bit later it did the same thing so I pulled into a shady spot and let it cool off. That seemed to cure it at least for the ride home. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to remedy it? Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Lady01
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, battery is the first thing to eliminate. If your battery is weak and tired, your DCT can have all kinds of trouble. Make sure your ground is tight - put a wrench on it, not just a wiggle test.

After that, you can search this forum on shift control motor. It seems like the most common symptom when one fails is stalling on shifts, but there may be some cases like yours.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!