B

beholdthefield

Lifetime Member
Aug 26, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also the I4WD vs the normal 4wd?
This is where my research has put me tonight....

1- Did you find any sources comparing the two 4wd options that you would recommend?
2- I am also going to have tracks on the machines for 6-7 months of snow travel each year. I will need to turn around 180° in a tight driveway at my cabin and I am curious if the i4WD system would be an advantage doing this, or not?

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I've has a 700-4 since 2020. It's done everything I've ever wanted within reason. But I think it's about time to step up to 1000-5, probably after hunting season though. If I call a dealer and order one what's the wait time/process? Put something down?

Is the Forest worth the extra over a base or deluxe? Will be used 70% for hunting/ club work. 30% riding at atv parks. I like the idea of the bed lights and self leveling shocks but shocks probably ain't needed and the bed lights, winch, etc I can probably do cheaper my self.
Just like @Scoop said, get on ATV Trader and start calling dealers.
When I ot the go ahead from the Mrs. I started right away and Scoop told me the same thing.
I had ALL the stars aligned....I drove to two dealers on a monday, one had a 1000-3 that I was looking for but it was sold(was ordered 6 months prior). The other dealer had none.
The next day on ATV Trader I noticed the one dealer that I went to had a VIN attached to the gray unit they had on ATV Trader indicating they had it in hand. I called and 5 minutes later I bought it. Two days later it was in my garage.
LUCK? STARS ALIGNED? SCOOP? All the above.....
I still cannot believe I got one.
Good luck in your search.

Reactions: Scoop
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
And as far as I 4WD vs Front Locker.
I had a Jeep JK Unlimited that uses BLD, A brake based traction control system that works very much like I 4WD. It was very capable and could go just about anywhere, but I never really felt complete without the lockers. Just sayin.

G

gsc52

Oct 7, 2022
London, KY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Also the I4WD vs the normal 4wd?
Has anyone commented on the pros of the I4WD system? Seems like the other models have whereas on the Trail and Forest models it's more like an automatic feature and on the base and deluxe you have to manually engage the differential locks. Is that the case? I have a 1000-5 Base on the way, and didn't really want to pay 25K for a SxS. Thanks

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!