P1000 2018 SXS listed

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How long did it take for side mirrors?
To correct the problem? Ehhh a couple hours dreaming of what the hell to do and a couple more to fabricate some extension brackets. Came out real sweet though!

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope you guys get your machine problems lined out. Nothing is perfect, but you have major problems.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hope you guys get your machine problems lined out. Nothing is perfect, but you have major problems.
Thanks. I know I'm venting but they seemed to have missed the easiest parts! It has an absolute masterpiece engine, transmission, power steering and suspension, then it's like they handed the project off to a team of college interns for everything else.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ya ever notice the only thing that can't be fixed is a person's attitude? Something works for 90% of the people but the sky is still falling.

Reactions: popeye and lee

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya ever notice the only thing that can't be fixed is a person's attitude? Something works for 90% of the people but the sky is still falling.
Sorry that my opinion of my machine doesn't suit your taste. I'm not a fanboy. Just the cold hard facts about this machine that are undeniable.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah.. I think the clutch "issue" may be a lot of operator error. Someone else posted "you must be the type of guy who can break an anvil with a rubber mallet". Made me laugh! I know some guys like that!!!

I don't have the skeg like you do but I still have a heavy lifted machine and over sized tires. Some may be operator error but a lot is electrical and a lot are clutch disc failure delaminating.

I hope the 2018 is better!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sorry that my opinion of my machine doesn't suit your taste. I'm not a fanboy. Just the cold hard facts about this machine that are undeniable.
The opinion of the few does not quantify it to be a fact. Rather it is merely a rationalization of personal disdain.

Reactions: ToddACimer

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have the skeg like you do but I still have a heavy lifted machine and over sized tires. Some may be operator error but a lot is electrical and a lot are clutch disc failure delaminating.

I hope the 2018 is better!!
Ya know... To me that's one of the greatest assests that this site has. Guys like you (and me) actually telling the truth about our machines' drawbacks. I think if enough owners speak out about about where improvements could be made, Honda will address those issues and we will all be better off. Some guys just have blind faith in Honda (they can do no wrong) and that helps no one. I appreciate your love for your machine but also your honesty to admit a weak point!

Reactions: joeymt33

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The opinion of the few does not quantify it to be a fact. Rather it is merely a rationalization of personal disdain.
My opinion is that those facts bother me. But I went back and read my post. Every single issue is proveable as fact. Every one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!