2019 Honda talon 1000x clutch issue

G

Getitrag

Feb 4, 2024
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Hey everyone! I’m Hoping someone can get me the info needed to figure this hair pulling issue out lol. I have Honda talon 1000x that has had this issue since I bought it used. It is almost like it has a high stall toque converter in it when you first take off. You can feather the throttle and it still jerky’s and sometimes squeals the tires. The At and Mt light stay on and it has a u when you first turn it on. I have tried doing a clutch relearn 100 times and it fails everything. I just pulled the clutches hoping for it to be them but didn’t find anything wrong with them and did replace the 1,3,5 clutch. It’s still having the same issue and won’t finish a relearn. Anyone know where to start now?

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have Honda talon 1000x
First of welcome from Michigan!
Also, never heard of the state called
“United States”🤔 might want to fix that in your avitar unless you like being asked that alot? Lol

We will need some more info from you as follows to get started.
Pics of your rig or you will get..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! Aka POIDH
How many miles? How many hrs?
Mods? 1 or 2 batteries? What kind if maintenance have you done and how regularly?
First owner?
This is why we ask that u do an intro/welcome thread to start.
And When responding to someone either tag them like this @Getitrag or hit the reply button then type a response. This will get them a notice that you responded. Or they may never know.

Without knowing the above info, sounds like a combo of bad grounds, dead cell on original battery not holding under load (need to use a battery load checker not a meeter to check it proper) or like I had on my P1 bad spark plugs. Yes that can cause this issue your describing.
If you choose to skip all this and by magic figure it out. At least do us a solid, come back and post your fix so others with the same issue when they search find this and hopefully solves there issue. Thanks and we look forward to your pics😉

G

Getitrag

Feb 4, 2024
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
@Remington
Thanks for the welcome brother!
The machine has 3200 miles
I’m pretty sure I’m the second owner
Only mods it has is Florida cracker tunes and 33s
It has 1 battery that I have fully charged while trying the relearn
I bought it about two months ago, I have replaced every bushing and ball joint, full service on motor, sub trans and diffs
I have not checked grounds
It runs absolutely perfect once you get past the jerky take off

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Have you contacted Flo Cracker? The first thing I'd do is get it back to stock tuning and then see if it still has an issue.

G

Getitrag

Feb 4, 2024
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Have you contacted Flo Cracker? The first thing I'd do is get it back to stock tuning and then see if it still has an issue.
I will get a stock file from him, it had a Hess tune on it before and went to stock and his tunes and never made any difference nor would it do a relearn

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I will get a stock file from him, it had a Hess tune on it before and went to stock and his tunes and never made any difference nor would it do a relearn
All them different tunes that have been in that rig aint a good thing on a motor. Hopefully going back to stock will help.
Get some plugs and change them out

Reactions: Udaman and Farmer
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
If it won't do a relearn w a stock tune you're doing something wrong, it can be tricky. Do you have a service manual? They are available for download to supporting members of HondaSxS.com

Reactions: Remington
G

Getitrag

Feb 4, 2024
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
If it won't do a relearn w a stock tune you're doing something wrong, it can be tricky. Do you have a service manual? They are available for download to supporting members of HondaSxS.com
I do have a service manual, I have probably tried it 50 times and it starts blinking fast after 60 seconds

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I do have a service manual, I have probably tried it 50 times and it starts blinking fast after 60 seconds

Tommy boy chris farley

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
When the temp gauge reaches 2 bars, raise the RPMS a little bit for a couple of minutes and then try the relearn. This worked on Ohio4x4's Pioneer when the relearn failed multiple times. It's worth a shot.

G

Getitrag

Feb 4, 2024
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
I have checked all grounds, put the stock file on. Got temp at hot as I could and I’ve tried it about 20 times today, still won’t do a relearn.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!