P1000m5 2019 P1K-5 Anti-freeze Leak?

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A friend with a 2019 P1K-5 with about 1500 miles recently discovered a anti-freeze leak that was dripping on the snow but can't seem to figure out where it starts from. He called the dealer and was told "anti-freeze leaks have become very common for the Pioneer 1000's." The dealer went on to say "they currently have a couple of the same machines now in the shop for the same problem and to be prepared to leave the rig at least for a day or two as they can be very difficult to pinpoint and repair."
I did a site search here and nothing seemed to pop up.
I am wondering if anyone here has run into this problem and what I should tell my friend to look for?

Thanks for any help!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A friend with a 2019 P1K-5 with about 1500 miles recently discovered a anti-freeze leak that was dripping on the snow but can't seem to figure out where it starts from. He called the dealer and was told "anti-freeze leaks have become very common for the Pioneer 1000's." The dealer went on to say "they currently have a couple of the same machines now in the shop for the same problem and to be prepared to leave the rig at least for a day or two as they can be very difficult to pinpoint and repair."
I did a site search here and nothing seemed to pop up.
I am wondering if anyone here has run into this problem and what I should tell my friend to look for?

Thanks for any help!
Mines doing the same thing, but it won't drip. I can smell it burning. I will be following this thread.

Reactions: Buggyman
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a antifreeze smell coming from my 18 that I finally got around to fixing this spring. What I found was most of the hose clamps were not very tight and each could take a couple more turns. After tightening them all up that fixed my problem. I pulled my belly pan off and the most noticeable one and the one that I believe was causing the smell was from the rubber hose that hooks to the metal line running along the floor board. I also know there is a hose that runs down from the water pump, that protrudes through the belly pan, so might be somewhere else to check.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a antifreeze smell coming from my 18 that I finally got around to fixing this spring. What I found was most of the hose clamps were not very tight and each could take a couple more turns. After tightening them all up that fixed my problem. I pulled my belly pan off and the most noticeable one and the one that I believe was causing the smell was from the rubber hose that hooks to the metal line running along the floor board. I also know there is a hose that runs down from the water pump, that protrudes through the belly pan, so might be somewhere else to check.
That's good information! Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!