2019 pioneer 1000-5

louness

louness

Mar 9, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2019 1000-5 is very Rattley. Noisy. What can be done about that. Also having an issue getting the bed to realease to dump.

19C8FCF3 BE89 4D22 A6E3 9A096C056114

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My 2019 1000-5 is very Rattley. Noisy. What can be done about that. Also having an issue getting the bed to realease to dump.

View attachment 344694
Lots and lots of little hacks to help with the rattles. Use the search bar up top and read up on what you might want to tackle.

The dump bed has adjustments on the latches, I bet your bed is latching supper tight and making it hard to release......

#NTC!!

Last edited by a moderator:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've actually been able to get my machine almost completely rattle and squeak free, but it's a matter of constant tweaking. Each little problem area will need adjusting from time to time.

I can't just turn up the music to ignore them. Those squeaks and rattles funnel right into my brain and I get like that woman driving around in the used car stuck on playing Limp Bizkit.

Look at where things like your roof are mounted up, and consider using industrial felt as a buffer. I got a lot of quiet out of that fix.

R

rickoshea

if you're having problems getting the bed to release to dump,there is a safety mechanism under the rear seats to prevent the bed from lifting when the seats are up.it's 2 spring loaded latches that cause the issue.i hit mine with some oil/grease once in a while.mine does it regularly.i'm not sure if it can be adjusted,i haven't found a way yet,but greasing the springs helps.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
if you're having problems getting the bed to release to dump,there is a safety mechanism under the rear seats to prevent the bed from lifting when the seats are up.it's 2 spring loaded latches that cause the issue.i hit mine with some oil/grease once in a while.mine does it regularly.i'm not sure if it can be adjusted,i haven't found a way yet,but greasing the springs helps.
I have the same problem.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have installed automotive insulation on the underside of the top to reduce reflected noise, added insulation over the entire floor, under the seat, and removed the cab back wall and added insulation to the entire back wall of the cab.

Improvement in noise and heat reduction is noticeable but the best technique I have found after all of that material and labor is this:

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

I have the same problem.
The rear doors hold the seats down so the bed will unlatch, there is a "wedge" of sorts on the inside of the rear doors that can be adjusted to hold the rear seats down. I had to adjust my neighbors....his dump bed wouldn't open either

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The rear doors hold the seats down so the bed will unlatch, there is a "wedge" of sorts on the inside of the rear doors that can be adjusted to hold the rear seats down. I had to adjust my neighbors....his dump bed wouldn't open either
I'll add to this .....on the safety latches that the seats push on when seat is folded down there are little rubber bumpers. Mine is missing one side and even with the seat pushing down on it all the way it will not allow bed to dump. I don't even know if it can be bought separately, I'll have to look into it. I just noticed it the other day, don't know how the little bumper came off cause they are on there tight!!!.....must've been those damn gravel roads!!😂

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya sounds like you need to adjust your dump bed latches. Have a good look at @RB3offroad door bushings too. They got rid of a lot rattles for me.
Yep the RB3 door bushings took care of 80% of my rattling on my 2016 P1k5. Way better than the cheap ass ones Honda puts at the factory!

Reactions: Rayger143
R

rickoshea

i was trying to powerwash mine this afternoon and the bed stuck.i got fed up and took my angle grinder to the under seat latches and shaved about 1mm off the tips and they don't stick anymore.now the bed dumps smooth as butter.

Reactions: Rayger143

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!