Calendar **2019** Taylor Lake Colorado Group Ride [Sep 6, 2019] (CO)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, I still haven’t been able to secure an RV spot and apparently won’t be able to now until mid January 2019. They are closed for the season and their voicemail is stating so.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, I still haven’t been able to secure an RV spot and apparently won’t be able to now until mid January 2019. They are closed for the season and their voicemail is stating so.
I think the place is pretty big. I'm sure you will be able to book you a spot when they reopen. Apparently no one else can book either!:D

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Colorado OHV/UTV off road usage permits available for purchase on line $25.25 and can be purchased anytime between April and December but expire March 31st following your date of purchase so shouldn’t be bought before April of 2019 for this ride.

Park Passes - Colorado Parks and Wildlife IPAWS

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Colorado OHV/UTV off road usage permits available for purchase on line $25.25 and can be purchased anytime between April and December but expire March 31st following your date of purchase so shouldn’t be bought before April of 2019 for this ride.

Park Passes - Colorado Parks and Wildlife IPAWS

Great info.
We are going to need a way to find this information May 1st.
@Montecresto when you see me asking for the Colorado permit info please remember to speak up or link this post.
I will probably start asking the 1st of each month starting in February, sorry not the greatest at remembering things.:oops:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Great info.
We are going to need a way to find this information May 1st.
@Montecresto when you see me asking for the Colorado permit info please remember to speak up or link this post.
I will probably start asking the 1st of each month starting in February, sorry not the greatest at remembering things.:oops:
Lmao, will do Lee.

K

Kurt

Jan 16, 2018
Brandenburg, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the Eastern side folks that are planning this trip there is a great shortcut over the mountains leading directly into Taylor park.
Go through Colorado Springs and pick up HWY 24 and cross over the first mountain range into Buena Vista. In Buena Vista take HWY 306 also known as Cottonwood pass over the mountain to Taylor trading post. This will save time and is a beautiful drive VS HWY 50 into Gunnison then backtracking up through Taylor Canyon.
Cottonwood pass has been closed for two years for a complete overhaul. Several of the switchbacks have been removed and repaving has been completed. Construction is basically done but since this road is closed during the winter normally it wont be officially opened until Memorial day 2019. Let me know if you have any questions on directions. Between my brother and I we have driven from KY to Taylor park too many times to count and taken about every route possible.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have rode this area for years, if you dont want to order the permit you can purchase at the trading post there at Taylor, walmart in Gunnison or any sporting good store. Takes all of maybe 5 minutes.
That’s true of course, @Pilgrim mentioned that in the thread earlier. I only posted the link to CPW for those that prefer the convenience of receiving the permit in the mail and having it on their ride already when they arrive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter and TimG
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
For the Eastern side folks that are planning this trip there is a great shortcut over the mountains leading directly into Taylor park.
Go through Colorado Springs and pick up HWY 24 and cross over the first mountain range into Buena Vista. In Buena Vista take HWY 306 also known as Cottonwood pass over the mountain to Taylor trading post. This will save time and is a beautiful drive VS HWY 50 into Gunnison then backtracking up through Taylor Canyon.
Cottonwood pass has been closed for two years for a complete overhaul. Several of the switchbacks have been removed and repaving has been completed. Construction is basically done but since this road is closed during the winter normally it wont be officially opened until Memorial day 2019. Let me know if you have any questions on directions. Between my brother and I we have driven from KY to Taylor park too many times to count and taken about every route possible.
That’s great news!!!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and TimG
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Kurt thank you for the great information, many of us are going to be first time travelers to the area. I know there will be at least 2 of us traveling from Texas to this event. A couple TT and a motorhome with trailer, so the best route info is priceless to us. I'm sure I will be bringing this back up as the time gets closer.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Kurt thank you for the great information, many of us are going to be first time travelers to the area. I know there will be at least 2 of us traveling from Texas to this event. A couple TT and a motorhome with trailer, so the best route info is priceless to us. I'm sure I will be bringing this back up as the time gets closer.
Don’t forget that lay over in northern New Mexico for a brief ride. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!