BOX1

Calendar **2019** Taylor Lake Colorado Group Ride [Sep 6, 2019] (CO)

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With Poughkeepsie closed, the alternate route is Mineral Creek from the Base of Engineer Pass. It turns into a one way down and back but you can go to the falls with the scenic turnout on SH 550. A great drive on its own.
This is a no ATV route correct? Is there a ATV friendly route around this?

Reactions: Plumber32
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok members
I want to try and organize a group dinner/ get together while we are in Taylor Lake on Saturday evening the 7th.

So let's try and do a Italian themed group potluck dinner. If Italian isn't your thing bring a dish of your choice over to our RV site. I will have 3 or 4 tables where we can sit around and enjoy dinner and some BS!

Bring your own chairs and choice of drinks!!!!!

@Hondasxs and I are working on some stuff for a drawing that evening. If anyone is interested in donating something to the drawing PM me.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok members
I want to try and organize a group dinner/ get together while we are in Taylor Lake on Saturday evening the 7th.

So let's try and do a Italian themed group potluck dinner. If Italian isn't your thing bring a dish of your choice over to our RV site. I will have 3 or 4 tables where we can sit around and enjoy dinner and some BS!

@Hondasxs and I are working on some stuff for a drawing that evening. If anyone is interested in donating something to the drawing PM me.
How about we do a drawing for a talon!

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a no ATV route correct? Is there a ATV friendly route around this?

No. There is an intersection at the west base of Engineer Pass where Mineral Creek road/trail heads north. It stops at a trailhead on 550 (no OHV's on 550) at the falls and overlook within walking distance. It is just another OHV trail in the system.

FunTreks has an excellent map for the San Juans and another for Taylor Park which shows them all in detail with sidetrails, mines, points of interest and distances. I have the waterproof map and the guide book and they are indispensable for a first time run. Been using the map since '16 with lots of notes on it now.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No. There is an intersection at the west base of Engineer Pass where Mineral Creek road/trail heads north. It stops at a trailhead on 550 (no OHV's on 550) at the falls and overlook within walking distance. It is just another OHV trail in the system.

FunTreks has an excellent map for the San Juans and another for Taylor Park which shows them all in detail with sidetrails, mines, points of interest and distances. I have the waterproof map and the guide book and they are indispensable for a first time run. Been using the map since '16 with lots of notes on it now.

Thank you very much for the info.I have a trail book and a waterproof map also. I guess we will have to do the south end and some off trails. And then double back and hit whatever time allows on the north side.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone said the other day that cottonwood pass was not allowing trailers on the west side.... any truth to that from someone who has been there recently??

Reactions: Plumber32
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok members

WE can donate a couple of item for the group. maybe our new flagmounts and door bushings. What do you think?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok members

Donating an Oz of Silver

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey @100Acre got your message yesterday, called back and left message. You can easily get you out of state permit at the Corn Lake Office. Address is 361 32 Road on your right going south just before the Colorado River bridge.
Thanks Alan, what city is that?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
7 more days before we head out for this ride. Anyone interested in an engraved 20oz cup? If so I will do my best to have them ready before we leave.
20190715 173520
$20 and I'll have your screen name on it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!