P1000 2020-2021 Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe Front Bumper

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
As my research continues, I just discovered that the 2020-2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-3 Deluxe does not have the Deluxe front bumper. It's a pretty raw deal too, because if I'm paying for a Deluxe, I expect Deluxe features. If I decide to buy one, it will definitely be an issue at the dealership, and I can be pretty stubborn too.

IMG 20200710 182355

20200710 181610

Here are the part numbers for each of the three OEM front bumpers available for the Honda Pioneer 1000. It took some digging because the model numbers are confusing and the diagrams are all the same, only the part numbers change.

Standard Front Bumper (62510-HL4-A50ZA)
Deluxe Front Bumper (62510-HL4-A00ZA)
Limited Front Bumper (62600-HL4-A00 --> 08P70-HL4-A00)

Last edited:
D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That IS the deluxe bumper, but not the top of the line LIMITED bumper.

Your reply was somewhat ambiguous. Just to eliminate any confusion, this is the Deluxe bumper, which the Honda Pioneer 1000-3 Deluxe does not have, or at least none that I have seen have had it. I included the part numbers at the bottom of my post, including the limited, so others could use them for reference.

20200710 204442

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Your reply was somewhat ambiguous. Just to eliminate any confusion, this is the Deluxe bumper, which the Honda Pioneer 1000-3 Deluxe does not have, or at least none that I have seen have had it. I included the part numbers at the bottom of my post, including the limited, so others could use them for reference.

View attachment 212015
Thats also what you get on the P1K5 (BASE and DLX)

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That standard might just be a P1K3 thing 🤷‍♂️
Have you asked dealer if they would upgrade it being that the P1K5 comes with it

Currently, I'm waiting for the 2021 models to become widely available, and for the prices to come down out of the stratosphere. Otherwise, I find dealers to be an unreliable source of accurate information, so I turn to parts lists and diagrams instead. In fact, after I'm close to making my final decision, I will buy a service manual because I like to know exactly what I'm getting myself into before pulling the trigger.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Currently, I'm waiting for the 2021 models to become widely available, and for the prices to come down out of the stratosphere. Otherwise, I find dealers to be an unreliable source of accurate information, so I turn to parts lists and diagrams instead. In fact, after I'm close to making my final decision, I will buy a service manual because I like to know exactly what I'm getting myself into before pulling the trigger.
Well, welcome to the club. Read around here and I'm sure u'll find just about all the info u want and then some. Most everyone will be glad to answer any questions u got 😉

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, welcome to the club. Read around here and I'm sure u'll find just about all the info u want and then some. Most everyone will be glad to answer any questions u got 😉

Thanks. My list of questions is a mile long, and growing by the day. Fortunately, research is my forte, so they are slowly being answered. This forum is a great resource, but finding exactly what I'm looking for at any given time isn't easy. Currently, my primary focus has been the way the front suspension is designed, but things like the front bumper often become minor distractions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 212015
Maybe my eyes are too bad, but isn't that the one in the 2nd pic you posted in OP? Or maybe there is a SLIGHT difference I don't see.

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Maybe my eyes are too bad, but isn't that the one in the 2nd pic you posted in OP? Or maybe there is a SLIGHT difference I don't see.

The two bumpers in my original post are different, only the 1000-5 Deluxe front bumper matches the one I posted later. Look at the bar across the top. I almost didn't notice it either, and I think Honda tried to pull a fast one, hoping nobody would notice.

Reactions: Isaiah
advertisement
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The two bumpers in my original post are different, only the 1000-5 Deluxe front bumper matches the one I posted later.. Look at the bar across the top. I almost didn't notice it either, and I think Honda tried to pull a fast one, hoping nobody would notice.
I see your first pic has a single bar, the second pic has a second bar across the top which looks like the one you posted in post #3 ...... unless there is a slight diff in the angel of the bar?

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I see your first pic has a single bar, the second pic has a second bar across the top which looks like the one you posted in post #3

Exactly, that is my point. The angles are the same, but the 1000-3 Deluxe front bumper is not the Deluxe bumper found on the 1000-5. Only the Deluxe front bumper has the additional bar across the top.

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Eventually, I want a front tube-style bumper like the one shown below. It was made by a member of this forum, but I can't recall his name. No doubt, the guy has talent. Until then, I just want to make sure that I get what I pay for, especially when considering the price that Honda charges for these machines.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Eventually, I want a front tube-style bumper like the one shown below. It was made by a member of this forum, but I can't recall his name. No doubt, the guy has talent. Until then, I just want to make sure that I get what I pay for, especially when considering the price that Honda charges for these machines.

View attachment 212021
Ya that would be @snuffnwhisky. In the very early stages of the machine. You think that’s talent you should see his machine recently lmao.
Welcome to the club. Congratulations on the purchase. There’s plenty of answers in this place. Lotta good guys been busy for awhile.

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ya that would be @snuffnwhisky. In the very early stages of the machine. You think that’s talent you should see his machine recently lmao.
Welcome to the club. Congratulations on the purchase. There’s plenty of answers in this place. Lotta good guys been busy for awhile.

Actually, I haven't bought one yet. However, after being on the fence due to numerous problems I discovered with the Honda Pioneer 1000, it only took about two hours worth of reading his build thread to change my mind. So @snuffnwhisky has cost me about $20,000 and that's before I really get started on mods.

Here's another pic of his that I found especially interesting. I have a habit of saving any pics of stuff that interests me, because I often lose track of where I found them. The weak front upper control arm mounts really concerned me, and this is the pic that made me fall off the fence, only to discover a cliff on the other side.

Resized 20200124 153509

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from WV good luck in finding one HaHa most of the dealers dont have any

I'm going to wait until the 2021 models are widely available, and the prices come down out of the stratosphere. Perhaps in 3-6 months?

Reactions: pct and Isaiah
H

HondaTech

There is no "deluxe" bumper.

The bumper with the extra bar is a 5 seat bumper, regardless if it's a delixe or base model.

Honda never could tell me why the bumpers were different between a 3 and 5 seater.

They also couldn't tell me why a 3 seater needs the pulley for the plow and 5 seaters dont.

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
There is no "deluxe" bumper.

The bumper with the extra bar is a 5 seat bumper, regardless if it's a delixe or base model.

Honda never could tell me why the bumpers were different between a 3 and 5 seater.

They also couldn't tell me why a 3 seater needs the pulley for the plow and 5 seaters dont.

That's not surprising.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Brother, I wouldn’t get all worked up about that bumper situation from the factory. Like @HondaTech said, 3’s have always had that bumper and 5’s with the hoop since 16’ so little late to that party ;) But if it bothers you that much and your a stubborn like you said , just have them give u an LE bumper like most have and at there cost! Just like the factory skid plate, knowbody wants to be seen in a G string!:eek:
913CFD57 89F9 486E B3B3 D1C18AC62717
B51CFB00 E7ED 4FC8 B6B5 DC35643A32D4

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!