P1000 2020-2021 Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe Front Bumper

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Brother, I wouldn’t get all worked up about that bumper situation from the factory. Like @HondaTech said, 3’s have always had that bumper and 5’s with the hoop since 16’ so little late to that party ;) But if it bothers you that much and your a stubborn like you said , just have them give u an LE bumper like most have and at there cost! Just like the factory skid plate, knowbody wants to be seen in a G string!:eek:
View attachment 212196 View attachment 212197

Trouble is, I don't really care for the looks of the LE bumper.

Reactions: Isaiah
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trouble is, I don't really care for the looks of the LE bumper.
I like it more than most personally, you have a lot of options out there, I’m sure you’ll find something.
F005800B A5AB 40B8 8613 DA0161170F2F

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like it more than most personally, you have a lot of options out there, I’m sure you’ll find something.
View attachment 212208

I already have something in mind that's very similar to the so-called "deluxe" bumper, which I plan to make due with until the time comes for an upgrade. However, the bumper I want will have to be fabricated, which gives it the added advantage of being unique.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I already have something in mind that's very similar to the so-called "deluxe" bumper, which I plan to make due with until the time comes for an upgrade. However, the bumper I want will have to be fabricated, which gives it the added advantage of being unique.
Sounds good, just keep the weight in mind.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weight is definitely a factor, and the tube-style bumper I have in mind is both lightweight and very strong.
Can’t wait to see it. This is my third build and I’ve been very mindful about adding weight, it’s hard to do everything we do and not add a lot of it but I try to cut it everywhere I can.

Reactions: Isaiah and BigOL3
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Brother, I wouldn’t get all worked up about that bumper situation from the factory. Like @HondaTech said, 3’s have always had that bumper and 5’s with the hoop since 16’ so little late to that party ;) But if it bothers you that much and your a stubborn like you said , just have them give u an LE bumper like most have and at there cost! Just like the factory skid plate, knowbody wants to be seen in a G string!:eek:
View attachment 212196 View attachment 212197
Ya not sure why that much turmoil on the factory bumpers. Many swap them out to something different and there’s a lot of options. Obviously building is another good one. Like you I do like the accessory bumper, helps keep the fenders somewhat attached. And is lightweight.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can’t wait to see it. This is my third build and I’ve been very mindful about adding weight, it’s hard to do everything we do and not add a lot of it but I try to cut it everywhere I can.
My mindset has been the opposite about the weight on the front end. I have the TC bumper, about 85-90# and suspect there might be some case of the weight being a hindrance, but in reality I LIKE that extra weight on the front end. When climbing up rocky, steep hill, it helps to keep the front end down and the 4WD making contact to the ground.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My mindset has been the opposite about the weight on the front end. I have the TC bumper, about 85-90# and suspect there might be some case of the weight being a hindrance, but in reality I LIKE that extra weight on the front end. When climbing up rocky, steep hill, it helps to keep the front end down and the 4WD making contact to the ground.
That’s true, if go on a diet I could have one of those lol.

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I like the look of the Tough Country bumpers, but fear they might restrict airflow too much. And while the high winch mounting point is nice, it looks like it could put a lot of stress on the frame during a hard pull. Basically, the high winch mount point puts it too far out of alignment with the strongest point of the frame, causing stress, but I'm not sure how to correctly describe it..

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
As my research continues, I just discovered that the 2020-2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-3 Deluxe does not have the Deluxe front bumper. It's a pretty raw deal too, because if I'm paying for a Deluxe, I expect Deluxe features. If I decide to buy one, it will definitely be an issue at the dealership, and I can be pretty stubborn too.

View attachment 212006

View attachment 212007

Here are the part numbers for each of the three OEM front bumpers available for the Honda Pioneer 1000. It took some digging because the model numbers are confusing and the diagrams are all the same, only the part numbers change.

Standard Front Bumper (62510-HL4-A50ZA)
Deluxe Front Bumper (62510-HL4-A00ZA)
Limited Front Bumper (62600-HL4-A00 --> 08P70-HL4-A00)
I'll be honest, that's the first time I noticed there was 3 different bumpers, but almost all the machines were 1000-5 Deluxe or LE.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the look of the Tough Country bumpers, but fear they might restrict airflow too much. And while the high winch mounting point is nice, it looks like it could put a lot of stress on the frame during a hard pull. Basically, the high winch mount point puts it too far out of alignment with the strongest point of the frame, causing stress, but I'm not sure how to correctly describe it..
Been no problem with the frame that I am aware of. Some had a problem with the TC tabs being warped, but NOT the frame of Pioneer. That is why I added the support to the tabs while I had mine off.

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Been no problem with the frame that I am aware of. Some had a problem with the TC tabs being warped, but NOT the frame of Pioneer. That is why I added the support to the tabs while I had mine off.

Your welds look like mine.

• Haha
Reactions: BigOL3 and Isaiah
D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Roger that!
sounds like you don’t like much of anything! Just sayin

When it comes to a powersports industry filled with crooked dealers pushing machines that are little more than expensive plastic toys, you're right, I don't. Having recently lost a lot of money on a steaming pile of Kawasaki, I hope to avoid making the same mistake twice. Otherwise, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
When it comes to a powersports industry filled with crooked dealers pushing machines that are little more than expensive plastic toys, you're right, I don't. Having recently lost a lot of money on a steaming pile of Kawasaki, I hope to avoid making the same mistake twice. Otherwise, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
You say not to judge a book by it's cover, but you've literally had only complaints or cast aside other members' replies since you got here. All the while not even owning one of the machines you're trying to tell us how to fix?

Just buy one and enjoy it. From what I've seen you post about riding, you aren't going to be doing anything near what the group I ride with puts these through and they are the ones whose pictures you keep posting. For the 5-6 upper arm failures, frame failure, etc that you see there are 1000 other machines with zero issues. You're overthinking it bud.

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You say not to judge a book by it's cover, but you've literally had only complaints or cast aside other members' replies since you got here. All the while not even owning one of the machines you're trying to tell us how to fix?

Just buy one and enjoy it. From what I've seen you post about riding, you aren't going to be doing anything near what the group I ride with puts these through and they are the ones whose pictures you keep posting. For the 5-6 upper arm failures, frame failure, etc that you see there are 1000 other machines with zero issues. You're overthinking it bud.

My focus is to find problems and consider potential solutions, which might seem overly negative to some. As for posts about how I might use the machine, I did mention that some WV trails can be brutal. Things change, and I like being prepared. While I may use it lightly at first, I have been known to do some pretty crazy stuff.

When it comes to posting on forums, I tend to be somewhat matter of fact, avoiding things which can quickly send a thread flying off the rails, and I don't do much chit chat either. Again, don't judge a book by it's cover.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
From the sounds of it, you already knew about the expensive plastics And crooked dealers and then you got a Kawi. If you were that smart, you wouldn’t have bought the “steaming Pile kawi” as you put it to begin with. So either you got played or you got cought pumping the neighbors dog and you’ve become a grouchy old cuss that tells the kid to stay off your lawn. If there too much money like you said, just go and buy a used one that someone else fixed all your Complaints already and be done with it. Or wait...you’d b**** about that too!
I don’t need to judge a book by its cover, you’ve already opened it for all to read.

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
From the sounds of it, you already knew about the expensive plastics And crooked dealers and then you got a Kawi. If you were that smart, you wouldn’t have bought the “steaming Pile kawi” as you put it to begin with. So either you got played or you got cought pumping the neighbors dog and you’ve become a grouchy old cuss that tells the kid to stay off your lawn. If there too much money like you said, just go and buy a used one that someone else fixed all your Complaints already and be done with it. Or wait...you’d b**** about that too!
I don’t need to judge a book by its cover, you’ve already opened it for all to read.

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior. At least I don't judge someone from a few forum posts, or feel the need to make my point using nasty accusations. If someone said that to my face, they would not walk away, game over. You know nothing about me, so I'm going to leave it at that. Otherwise, I didn't get played, it was my first, and last, belt drive machine.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!