P1000 2020 Pioneer 1000

H

HondaTech

Looking at some stuff on Helm (hondas oem supplier for manuals) I ran across a 2020 Owners Manual for the P700 and P1K.

So I'd wager a guess that nothing will change except for colors. Maybe theyll do something else, but I dont see the Talon engine making it to the Pioneer.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think the C.A.R.B info was already posted, and no changes.

The real need is a low range in the 700.

Reactions: gch1911
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reactions: ohanacreek
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
No big changes to the pioneer just get one

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
one can dream cant they...

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good. Lets also hope Honda steps up and offers better fit and finish on some cabs with heaters and accessories.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
one can dream cant they...

Yes They Can.
Disclaimer Alert! I am not yet an owner, But I have been lurking in the shadows for a while now. So here's a list from a novice of things that I would like to see if we are dreaming.

A HP rating closer to the General. With a bit higher top end. As well as a lower low gear.
Doors that seal tight to the body panels with gaskets just like Honda cars
An option for factory bucket seats with a center console. Yes I know that its a 1000-5 but we are wishing here.
A Honda engineer to come up with a never before seen air flow system that all but eliminates dust in the cab regardless of windshield or not.
The heat problem to be something of the past that we just talk about
The LE edition to come out in Honda Red every year with an optional different color choice for each year
Slightly taller lower doors in front
Factory Roof standard for the LE. For 22k it should be
Factory Winch for the LE. Again for 22K? Others do it for less.

Please before you vets go crazy on the new guy. I am new here and there are probably more important things to wish for to make the Pioneer even better. But I can wish right?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes They Can.
Disclaimer Alert! I am not yet an owner, But I have been lurking in the shadows for a while now. So here's a list from a novice of things that I would like to see if we are dreaming.

A HP rating closer to the General. With a bit higher top end. As well as a lower low gear.
Doors that seal tight to the body panels with gaskets just like Honda cars
An option for factory bucket seats with a center console. Yes I know that its a 1000-5 but we are wishing here.
A Honda engineer to come up with a never before seen air flow system that all but eliminates dust in the cab regardless of windshield or not.
The heat problem to be something of the past that we just talk about
The LE edition to come out in Honda Red every year with an optional different color choice for each year
Slightly taller lower doors in front
Factory Roof standard for the LE. For 22k it should be
Factory Winch for the LE. Again for 22K? Others do it for less.

Please before you vets go crazy on the new guy. I am new here and there are probably more important things to wish for to make the Pioneer even better. But I can wish right?
It does appear Honda has been listening for the most part. I’m curious on what gen2 Pioneer will be as it comes out. Bet we will see some of those changes and possibly a few others. Just remember as options and comfort goes up so does the price...

Reactions: Mopower58
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd LOVE more HP, but as $hitty as the P51K corners, the Pioneer would have it's own Youtube channel for rollover fails. I love my machine, but it handles like a '58 Buick. As Ralph said "unsafe at any speed"...

That all said...I run mostly slow and do a bit of crawling. LOW range and low range reverse would be nice.

As long as we're wishing...how about a torque converter rather than these frigg'n clutches...Like a Rincon!

Reactions: 0860silverado
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd LOVE more HP, but as $hitty as the P51K corners, the Pioneer would have it's own Youtube channel for rollover fails. I love my machine, but it handles like a '58 Buick. As Ralph said "unsafe at any speed"...

That all said...I run mostly slow and do a bit of crawling. LOW range and low range reverse would be nice.

As long as we're wishing...how about a torque converter rather than these frigg'n clutches...Like a Rincon!

Get rid of the 27x9 front tires.

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You can set the Pioneer up for a corner just prior and she’ll handle ok. Biggest change to get her to handle better was shocks

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can set the Pioneer up for a corner just prior and she’ll handle ok. Biggest change to get her to handle better was shocks
Does that mean that the LE will handle better due to the Fox upgrade. And just how bad does the Pioneer handle say compared to the General?
Also Why get rid of the 27x9 front tires? And go to what?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

Does that mean that the LE will handle better due to the Fox upgrade. And just how bad does the Pioneer handle say compared to the General?
Foxes yes.. you can adjust the preload and set for your riding. Also, the stock tires are just cheap 4ply flexible tires.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The stock front tires tend to roll the side walls and push like crazy in corners. Just changing to a stiffer sidewall tire would help but a wider square profile tire like most all terrain 28x10 tires really gives a lot better steering feedback

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Never driven a General other than a parking lot, good shocks will make any pig better (UTV).The tires, I have busted 27 X 9's, 8 plys . I went to 30 X 10 all the way around, no issues since, ITP's. I have been accused of ridding aggressively, HA!

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never driven a General other than a parking lot, good shocks will make any pig better (UTV).The tires, I have busted 27 X 9's, 8 plys . I went to 30 X 10 all the way around, no issues since, ITP's. I have been accused of ridding aggressively, HA!

Thanks Guys I appreciate all of the input. Getting pretty excited, looking forward to the new ride.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!