Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does that mean that the LE will handle better due to the Fox upgrade. And just how bad does the Pioneer handle say compared to the General?
Also Why get rid of the 27x9 front tires? And go to what?
Yes. General is lighter on top with bigger body shocks, they will outperform a pioneer in some ways. Wider tires is what I think Todd was referring too.
You gotta drive a bit aggressively but the 1000 can perfor, it does help to have massive engine braking and rpm choice with gears.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. General is lighter on top with bigger body shocks, they will outperform a pioneer in some ways. Wider tires is what I think Todd was referring too.
You gotta drive a bit aggressively but the 1000 can perfor, it does help to have massive engine braking and rpm choice with gears.
I think you meant ‘been accused of riding drunk, HA!’

As long as you don't run out of talent.

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
As long as you don't run out of talent.
Hey not going to lie. When things go sideways in the minivan they go sideways. I’ve had to fix some s*** and gotten a lot of grief for how I ride but I have learned a lot in a Pioneer and not afraid to put one where it shouldn’t go. But they do. And they come back out of the woods! Never been afraid of scratches lol

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back to tires...I still have some time 'till my stockers require replacement but I'm really leaning toward DOT's (I'm Utah street legal and do run the street...if that makes any difference).

I'm thinking 28x10x14 all the way around. What do you guys think of these options? Ya think cornering and handling would be improved?
The stock Maxxis side roll like a frigg'n gummy worm.

8 ply Tensor Regulators: Tensor Regulator Radial Tire
8 Ply Tusk Terrabite: Tusk Terrabite Radial Tire
8 Ply EFX MotoHammer: EFX MotoHammer Radial Tire
10 Ply Mongrel: GBC Kanati Mongrel Radial Tire

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back to tires...I still have some time 'till my stockers require replacement but I'm really leaning toward DOT's (I'm Utah street legal and do run the street...if that makes any difference).

I'm thinking 28x10x14 all the way around. What do you guys think of these options? Ya think cornering and handling would be improved?

I had the tensor. They are bullet proof, and do real well on/off road. I'd buy them again

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Almost all of the 8-10 ply DOT UTV radials have good reviews. I think the thread block design and siping is better on the Quadboss QBT846 than the Mongrels. The motohammers look nice in photos. I've been really happy with the QTB846 even though it's not on your list

Reactions: CumminsPusher
DavidBear

DavidBear

Feb 8, 2018
Delta Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I don't normally promote a tire or a place to purchase unless I feel they were exceptional. So that being said I bought Kanati Mongrel tires from Rocky Mountain ATV a couple of weeks ago and was almost blown away at the customer service of Rocky Mountain ATV and the quality/Price or the Mongrels I received. The customer service ( one small part I wanted was back ordered and they were on it like flies on a dead rabbit), speed of delivery (2 days with mounted tires in hand). If I could get this kind of service locally I would, but Rocky Mountain took care of me from a state away.

BTW I went with the original configuration of tires 27-9-14 and 27-11-14 because I use my vehicle as a farm truck, Regularly loading up to 1,000 # in the back and pulling a small trailer half loaded with wood. I have not been on any trails yet but looking forward to it this fall (fingers crossed). I have dropped the Honda into 3' deep trees holes from a tree farm, man that will wake you up...

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

FWIW...I've been really happy with my Tusk Terrabites. No experience with any others so I can't speak comparatively.
My wish list:
1: Larger or dual fuel tank.
2: "Wider" gear ratios. (Reverse and first gear are too high, second gear is too close to third, sixth gear is too low, could be more of an overdrive).
3: Lose the humps on the fronts of the bedsides so a truck type tool box can be mounted (P1K-3 only).
4: Consult Polaris about how to make shocks/doors/windshields etc (sorry fanboys, PoPoMoCo has us beat on those!)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!