H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
We had a 2021 Talon lose a bearing cap in less than 500 miles. Another friend had the front U-joint lose a bearing cap. If the bearing cap doesn't have a slight press fit, it will turn and push out the retainer C-clip allowing the bearing cap to fall out. I caught one at low speed before it damaged the yoke. I put it back in by hand and had it spot welded. My dealer allowed me to get my replacement drive shaft spot welded before installation. In my opinion the U-joint drive shaft won't last nearly as long as your heavy-duty CV drive shaft. I drove 3 miles at low speed to get back to camp with one.

Shaft4

U joint5

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
We had a 2021 Talon lose a bearing cap in less than 500 miles. Another friend had the front U-joint lose a bearing cap. If the bearing cap doesn't have a slight press fit, it will turn and push out the retainer C-clip allowing the bearing cap to fall out. I caught one at low speed before it damaged the yoke. I put it back in by hand and had it spot welded. My dealer allowed me to get my replacement drive shaft spot welded before installation. In my opinion the U-joint drive shaft won't last nearly as long as your heavy-duty CV drive shaft. I drove 3 miles at low speed to get back to camp with one.

View attachment 370484
View attachment 370483
This is exactly the reason I posted about the SATV replacement, I could replace the U-joints in my current one but if there's a better option I'm going to give it a try

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm at 3,600 miles, and most of my riding is in WV/TN on trails with mud, sand water, all the nasty. I have been hearing some drive line rattle lately. I go to Madison IN about every week for work, and I'm heading there today. I haven't tried to buy something from SATV at their place, but I may swing by today and try to buy one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!