TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Texas EverettMN.
You'll receive some help, shortly, if this is wrong.

Maybe front prop shaft?

?????

Happy New Year

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The drivetrain in our Honda buggies is normally very noisy. I don't know if yours is normal but my guess is it is.

If it's functional I recommend ignoring the noise.

I wear cheap ear protection when I drive mine.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's kind of hard to imagine what your "chatter" sounds like, so it's difficult to help out.

In general, most drivetrain related noises in these machines will be the result of worn axle CVs. Grab each front axle and see if it's solid or if you can wobble it a bit.

What kind of mileage do you have on the machine? May be helpful if you can get some video of the sound...

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Good evening everyone, i have a 2021, 1000-5. Today is the first time taking it over 50km/h in i4x4. There was quite a chatter from the front end. When I shifted back to 2wd the chatter went away.
Any help would be appreciated.
Along with pics of your rig (forum Rule#4)
And POIDH
You need to post up a vidgea with audio of this noise. Trying to diagnose a noise by written description is like trying to decipher what our wives are thinking when they give u the stink eye with that god awful stare! 🧐
Does that make sense now?

Also forum etiquette, when u reply to someones post, hit the RELPY button (see above 👆🏻) then type your response. Not doing so the poster in most cases will never know you responded.

E

EverettMN

Dec 28, 2023
Fort McMurray ,AB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's kind of hard to imagine what your "chatter" sounds like, so it's difficult to help out.

In general, most drivetrain related noises in these machines will be the result of worn axle CVs. Grab each front axle and see if it's solid or if you can wobble it a bit.

What kind of mileage do you have on the machine? May be helpful if you can get some video of the sound...
250km

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Good evening everyone, i have a 2021, 1000-5. Today is the first time taking it over 50km/h in i4x4. There was quite a chatter.
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the club. Noticed that you are in Canada. Could that have been a passengers teeth chattering? Sorry, the devil made me write that. ;)

E

EverettMN

Dec 28, 2023
Fort McMurray ,AB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the club. Noticed that you are in Canada. Could that have been a passengers teeth chattering? Sorry, the devil made me write that. ;)
Unbelievably was this year, climatologists say it's an elnineo year.
Normally it's -22f on your scale this time of year. But currently it's +28f.

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you were on hard pack pretty normal for 4 wheel drive stuff to make more noise then normal.My tractor will tell you pretty quick that i left it in 4 wheel drive on the road.Front tires fighting the back.Sometimes adjusting tire pressure can help find a sweet spot.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
If you were on hard pack pretty normal for 4 wheel drive stuff to make more noise then normal.My tractor will tell you pretty quick that i left it in 4 wheel drive on the road.Front tires fighting the back.Sometimes adjusting tire pressure can help find a sweet spot.
I have a baby Kubota tractor, a BX that does the same. In 4wd on my blacktop driveway it sounds like the hydrostat transmission is running without oil. A B series Kubota I previously owned did the same.

Not pleasant sounds.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a baby Kubota tractor, a BX that does the same. In 4wd on my blacktop driveway it sounds like the hydrostat transmission is running without oil. A B series Kubota I previously owned did the same.

Not pleasant sounds.
My B series does the same thing. My BX Doesn't do it though.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you were on hard pack pretty normal for 4 wheel drive stuff to make more noise then normal...
Especially with as few kms as you have on the machine. I'm inclined to think it's just noise you can expect, but again without hearing it, I dunno...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!