2021 Live valve crossover ring adjustment

496blazer

Feb 13, 2021
San Martin,Ca
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've had my new 2 seat Talon R live valve out a few times and think the back is a bit stiff. Can I adjust the crossover rings? And if so, how much is suggested?

Reactions: TripleB
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've had my new 2 seat Talon R live valve out a few times and think the back is a bit stiff. Can I adjust the crossover rings? And if so, how much is suggested?
Although I can't answer for the LV, I can share a few crossover ring tips. On my regular R, I was also after a softer ride and had read that 'we' had 25 turns up available, so I started with 10 on the rear, that worked and I went to 15 turns, also up. I kept the fronts 5 turns under the rears as I went.

Fast forward, I'm at 20 turns up on the rear and VERY close to coil bind (coil bind kills springs). I'm at 17 turns up on the fronts.

THE secret on how do I know when I'm at coil bind?!?! Simply put a zip tie on every upper spring, mid coil - if that zip tie gets squished (or cut) you've gone too far.

For pics and pretty much the same description, see the link in my sig, posts 15 &16. The rest of that thread has some helpful Talon Tips.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulF and Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
How rude of me, I didn't notice yer a 'new kid'. :oops:

Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!