Rear live valve shocks won't lock out.

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I jacked my Talon up this morning to do the front and rear final diff oil change and the rear shocks won't lock out. Fronts do but the rears won't. I don't know much about how these shocks work. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
What does it mean The rear shocks won't lock out? What is the purpose of doing so?
On the Talon with live valve when you jack it up without the engine running no matter how high you lift it the shocks lock at that height. They will stay at that height until you start the engine up, put it in gear and start rolling. That’s when they go back down.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On the Talon with live valve when you jack it up without the engine running no matter how high you lift it the shocks lock at that height. They will stay at that height until you start the engine up, put it in gear and start rolling. That’s when they go back down.
Is that just so you dont have to jack it up as high to get the tires off the ground?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I might be wrong but I don't think my RLV locks out the suspension drop when I lift it, but it does lock out the suspension from compressing again till it is turned on.

H

HondaTech

I'm pretty sure they will drop like a non LV and won't compress until the unit is put in gear. They always sit high when taken off a 2 post lift.

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I might be wrong but I don't think my RLV locks out the suspension drop when I lift it, but it does lock out the suspension from compressing again till it is turned on.
Yes you're right, with FLV when you have it jacked up and let it down the shocks do not compress until you start the engine up. Right now my rear suspension does compress when you let it down off the jack when the engine is not running. That's what's bugging me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!