2021 P1K3 Special edition

chicknbroth

chicknbroth

Sep 11, 2021
HSB, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I pulled the trigger on the Special Edition. Better yet I found one that was NEW 2 miles on it and in the US.
ISO- I need to ship it to me. who is reliable and trustworthy to ship from Ohio to Idaho? also does anyone know of anyplace that there is a picture of how the winch and led light are wired. I want to add a 2nd battery system to this asap. Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you considered fetching it yourself with a U-Haul (if you don't have a suitable trailer and will not be getting one)? Not as convenient, but would doubtless be way less expensive.

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I originally had on order a SE model ended up with a deluxe but I saw several SE's in the Vegas area and also Northern California.....just saying. Enjoy your new ride!!!

Reactions: Remington
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Do a search online for classic car transporters. They are licensed, insured, bonded, etc. and experienced in handling expensive cars. They'll give you a decent bid and bundle a load to fill a double deck 50' trailer.

Or contact UShip online and ask for bids from individual contract driver's with light trucks and d trailers. You provide pick up and deliver points, description of vehicle. weight, size, etc. and time bracket. Someone will bid. you can accept or decline. You might get a good guy with a good bid or a dirt bag who might be late and damage your buggy. A lot of folks are very happy with UShip deliveries.

Reactions: Remington
H

HARDPULL

Oct 2, 2021
NorthWest
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I originally had on order a SE model ended up with a deluxe but I saw several SE's in the Vegas area and also Northern California.....just saying. Enjoy your new ride!!!
I'm having a hard time finding anything. What's your secret to finding available inventory?

chicknbroth

chicknbroth

Sep 11, 2021
HSB, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you considered fetching it yourself with a U-Haul (if you don't have a suitable trailer and will not be getting one)? Not as convenient, but would doubtless be way less expensive.
I thought that as well. Fly there rent a uhaul 17' van one way, just the uhaul rental is $2700.
Carrier quotes are about half of that.

chicknbroth

chicknbroth

Sep 11, 2021
HSB, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm having a hard time finding anything. What's your secret to finding available inventory?
I had resigned myself to getting the one I wanted in late spring 2022
But they called me, I took it as a sign. I jumped on it.

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would check inventory side by side trader on Tuesday’s and look for listing with inventory # or serial #

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Call dealerships and ask. Over the last week, I found a 1000-5 SE, a 1000-3 SE and a 1000-5 Deluxe that I could have bought on the spot (they had just arrived and did not have a deposit on them). Three different dealerships.

The 1000-3 that chicknbroth just bought -- I found it 2 days prior. That's the exact 3-seater SE I could have got, and it was only a couple hours away. (Forum users here helped me decide the 5 seater was best for my uses and needs).

I decided I really didn't want an SE (3 or 5 seater) as I want to be able to pick and install the exact accessories I want, so I wanted the Deluxe. The reasons I didn't get THAT Deluxe I found were (1) it was ~900 miles away and (2) I have one on order that is close by (due end of this month, even though we know that can change) AND that dealership (who I've bought from before) does NOT pass along the $895 destination fee nor any type of dealer prep/assembly fee, and thier doc fee is only $95. Every other dealer I called (including the three with three in stock) wanted $895 destination, $400+ for dealer prep and $200+ for doc fees.

That's $1,500 I save buying it from where I have my deposit on one now.

One of those dealers even wanted a non-refundable $500 deposit. Seriously? These things don't last 2 days on a dealership's asset sheet before somebody buys then, and those clowns (who charge full MSRP and $1500 in "fees" that do little but line pockets) want to bang a guy for $500 in the event he changes his mind over the next 1-2 days, finds another one he likes or can't come up with the cash (or get a loan). Total thievery. I'm a cash buyer but will NEVER do business with a place that wants a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit on something that's such a hot commodity, it won't last 48 hours if I were to change my mind. Now if it was a special order unit, that would make sense. But not a standard equipped P1K-5.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dipping your toe in the LTL shipping business? Be prepared to deal with scumbags and slimeballs. I had mine shipped from TX to MI last year: $900, and a lot of douchebags.

Plenty to read on here about 2nd battery install. Search is your friend. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!