P1000 2022 1000-5 stinger, fuse box and pink wire?

T

Troyp

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2023
Traverse City, .mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello! I ordered the club stores version of the stinger relay to hook up to my pink unbundled key on hot wire, the club blog to look that to and a club fuse box. I am not adding a second battery at this time. And advice on what to hook where on this project would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
COOL. about as simple as it can be.
6 gauge wire: Battery positive --> relay --> fuse box positive
6 gauge wire: fuse box ground bus --> main battery ground
Relay small post (18g wire): goes to any ground. You can run it to the fuse box negative bus.
The other relay small post (18g wire): needs the key-on hot.
AND.. you done!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello! I ordered the club stores version of the stinger relay to hook up to my pink unbundled key on hot wire, the club blog to look that to and a club fuse box. I am not adding a second battery at this time. And advice on what to hook where on this project would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks!
Welcome fellow Michigander at the clutches of Big Gretch!

Got some pics of your rig?
POIDH

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Welcome from another MI resident!

You're going through the trouble of adding a Stinger and a fuse panel for accessories, so you might as well get the 2nd battery and isolator now. Otherwise, will likely have to spend money buying different cables to get everything wired up when you add those later.

Just my $0.02. I hate having to undo and re-do electrical stuff once it is installed and working.

T

Troyp

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2023
Traverse City, .mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
COOL. about as simple as it can be.
6 gauge wire: Battery positive --> relay --> fuse box positive
6 gauge wire: fuse box ground bus --> main battery ground
Relay small post (18g wire): goes to any ground. You can run it to the fuse box negative bus.
The other relay small post (18g wire): needs the key-on hot.
AND.. you done!
Thanks!!!! I can do that!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!