P1000 2022 Forest New Wheel/Tire Question...Something Looks Off...

L

LSUPioneer7032

Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Greetings all,

I swapped out the wheels/tires of my 2022 1000-5 Forest this weekend (pics below). I put on System 3 XT 400s, 28x10-14s all the way around. The rear tires appear to be slightly angled outward now. Fronts look fine, but the rear just look off when looking at it from straight behind.

Is this just the product of going from a rounded all terrain tire to a more boxy mud tire? Would offsets on the rear tires fix this "geometry" issue? Is this a geometry issue? I'm new, not the most mechanically inclined, but damn it I want to learn.

I suspect this issue has been discussed on the board ad nauseum so I apologize for sucking at the search function. And yes, I know the tread pattern is backwards on the rears...Will address when I likely add rear spacers! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Pertinent Specs are:

3" Lift
System 3 XT 400s, 28x10-14s

SxS on Jack SxS Rear

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of lift did you put in? A bracket, I assume...SuperATV?

The first point is, if you have it up on a jack then put it back down on the ground, it's going to look terribly off until you run it around a bit and flex that suspension.

L

LSUPioneer7032

Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of lift did you put in? A bracket, I assume...SuperATV?

The first point is, if you have it up on a jack then put it back down on the ground, it's going to look terribly off until you run it around a bit and flex that suspension.
It's the 3" SATV lift. What you say makes perfect sense, though. When I first took it off the jack the slant was much more noticeable, after riding around for a while it improved. Thanks for the input!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you for the info!! Stupid question no. 2 incoming…do I need to replace both the front and rear arms with adjustable options or just the rear?
If your gonna do it, do the front and rear. Theres gonna b a time you will want bigger tires cuz we all do! And the front arms will help. The arched arms also give u a bit of lift as well. I personally would try it the way you have it and see how you like the weird change in suspension geometry angle your shocks are now at. If u like it fine. If not, Get the arms and nicer adjustable shocks and adjust the shock preload to get your lift. You'll be happier in the long run. Work smarter not harder

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those tires look good. If you need to even up the track width, i.e. make the rear as wide as the front, put your 1"spacers on the rear. After you ride around some the extra leverage on the rear might make them perpendicular.

J

jzimbo12

Aug 15, 2022
New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice machine - I have the same one! Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but was wondering if you have the "coins in a tin can" rattle at certain RPM's, like I have. The consensus amongst the dealer and this club seems to be that it's normal, but it sure doesn't sound normal to me.

L

LSUPioneer7032

Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice machine - I have the same one! Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but was wondering if you have the "coins in a tin can" rattle at certain RPM's, like I have. The consensus amongst the dealer and this club seems to be that it's normal, but it sure doesn't sound normal to me.
JZ,

I haven't noticed any rattling while operating, but I haven't particularly been looking for it either. I'll report back later this week and let you know.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I hope so! We had a heck of a time getting our hands on a 2022, but it looks like the prototype is done and we'll probably kick of production in the next 2 months. Fingers crossed...

nathan-fillion-fingers-crossed.gif
@rudyeng ☝️☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@GovtMule , just curious. Jumped on or a month late ??

Go Vols !! They are looking good so far. Just setting here watching the Orange Bowl. 6:26 left.
lol… usually late for good deals!

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the 2 exhaust heat shield clamps on each header pipe. I've had the rattle twice when the shield broke and when the clamp was loose

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!