2022 Honda Talon X Dealerships Taking Orders ???????

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Are any Honda Dealers taking orders for 2022 Talon X with Live Valve. Last time I checked with my dealer, he saw nothing from the factory through October for the dealership. What is Honda doing with the 2022 Talon X Live Valve production schedules?

Why buy a 2022 when the 2023 production years is months away OR will 2023 be just like 2022 in getting a Talon X Live Valve?

Very frustrating.

Reactions: Smittyp
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Jamal says….

H

HondaTech

Are any Honda Dealers taking orders for 2022 Talon X with Live Valve. Last time I checked with my dealer, he saw nothing from the factory through October for the dealership. What is Honda doing with the 2022 Talon X Live Valve production schedules?

Why buy a 2022 when the 2023 production years is months away OR will 2023 be just like 2022 in getting a Talon X Live Valve?

Very frustrating.

Like I've stated before, dealers won't be "ordering" you anything.

Their allocation was given months ago and if their like us they won't be getting any live valves. We were told we're getting 3 Talons total through October and one of them has come and gone already.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Their allocation was given months ago and if their like us they won't be getting any live valves. We were told we're getting 3 Talons total through October and one of them has come and gone already.
I can't blame the dealerships for above sales above MSRP to a point, but some are being excessive. I'm just glad my 16 P1 was paid in full at purchase and has almost 4,000 trail miles on it in 6 years. Another 6 years and 4,000 more miles of trails I'll probably be done. Got the Honda issues pretty much cleared up on My 16 P1. Honda mistakes #1 I4WD, biggest mistake #2 no option for going back to the old transmission in the Talon's. Why are people installing lockers? #3 Talon's are designed for more wide open fast trails. Not tight woods. Really? We're all in a tight weird economy now, and who knows where this is going. So hold on!

Reactions: ChadD and Smittyp
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
My dealer got a VIN in early july for a supposed Talon X4 LV. Put a deposit down, was supposed to ship end of July. End of July came, and Honda pushed it out till End of August. Dealer texted me today and says October 28th is projected ship date. Not hopeful it shows up then. They did have a suprise new 2021 non LV x4 show up that I was offered in the mean time but holding out for the 2022. Didnt help the 2021 was the same price as a 22.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

HondaTech thanks for the response. What is the problem wtih getting Live Valves. I thought those were made by Fox.

Reactions: Smittyp
H

HondaTech

HondaTech thanks for the response. What is the problem wtih getting Live Valves. I thought those were made by Fox.

We we're told that the hold up on Talons back before the 2022 release was pushed back was Fox suspension in general. Sounds like they may still be having those issues and the Live Valve models are probably worse off due to the electronic parts maybe not being available.

• Sad
Reactions: Remington and CID
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We we're told that the hold up on Talons back before the 2022 release was pushed back was Fox suspension in general. Sounds like they may still be having those issues and the Live Valve models are probably worse off due to the electronic parts maybe not being available.
Thanks Honda Tech for the comments,

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!