Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If a Dewalt can do it, just think of what a Milwaukee can do!

Dewalt Milwaukee Ryobi

Ugly

Ugly

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All of these will move the bolt. I thought I would document them all for the SXS Forum members.

Previously - I am still investigating a solvent rather than heat. The stuff on the (1) Loctite Web Site is a Loctite product SF790 (~$60.00 US per can) or use (2) CRC Brakeleen (Canadian product) which has chlorinated (must use chlorinated) brake cleaning fluid. (3) Harbor Freight Hercules Torque Wrench (slow rotation using a TW). Each of the solvents is applied 24 hours before attempting to move the bolt. In manual mode I move forward and backward to breat the torque. In TW mode, I move the bolt slowly forward (setting #1) and backward to break the Loctite grip. Thanks for everyone's comments.

MiniRF

MiniRF

NTC's Newest Fool
Lifetime Member
Apr 2, 2024
Georgia
All of these will move the bolt. I thought I would document them all for the SXS Forum members.

Previously - I am still investigating a solvent rather than heat. The stuff on the (1) Loctite Web Site is a Loctite product SF790 (~$60.00 US per can) or use (2) CRC Brakeleen (Canadian product) which has chlorinated (must use chlorinated) brake cleaning fluid. (3) Harbor Freight Hercules Torque Wrench (slow rotation using a TW). Each of the solvents is applied 24 hours before attempting to move the bolt. In manual mode I move forward and backward to breat the torque. In TW mode, I move the bolt slowly forward (setting #1) and backward to break the Loctite grip. Thanks for everyone's comments.
So, is the bolt now fully removed?

Ugly

Ugly

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All the suggestions will work just fine to remove the bolt. Slow forward-backward to break the torque is strongly recommend. Any torque or impact wrench should be used with caution.

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If a Dewalt can do it, just think of what a Milwaukee can do!
I'll put my Dewalt DCF891 up against ANY other mid-torque gun - by a landslide. There are quite a few YouLube videos doing very detailed, legit comparisons (e.g., Torque Test Channel).

It's even better than some high-torque models from quite a few manufacturers.

Just like @Backwoods, it smokes huge bolts!

advertisement