P1000 2022 Trail Edition toe in adjustment SOLVED!

SingleEntendre

SingleEntendre

Supporting Member
Jul 31, 2024
S/W Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I changed my wheels and tires(28x10-14 System 3 RT320 on Tusk Cascade 5+2) recently, the front end seems a little squirrely I called the local stealership to make appointment to have toe in set. They told me it would cost $240.00 to have done! Does this sound right? Why would the self center of the steering wheel need recalibrated? Do I really need them to do it or could I just use one of these, Full Access Alignment Plate.

Newtires

Reactions: TxDoc
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
I think I read where you installed your new wheel/tire set-up without using rear spacers? If so, your front track is wider than the rear, which will cause your machine to be somewhat squirrelly at speed and will probably result in the rear being less planted in faster turns and more body roll considering it's a Pioneer. Install the spacers before alignment because this will be your conclusion after doing so. Does this make sense?

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
By changing rims to widen stance the scrub radius is changed(for the worse) and toe out exacerbates the squirrely feeling. Give her some toe in and you’ll be good.

Reactions: Scoop and TxDoc
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
By changing rims to widen stance the scrub radius is changed(for the worse) and toe out exacerbates the squirrely feeling. Give her some toe in and you’ll be good.
Just experienced this firsthand, so how would I know? Machine was all over the place in a straight line and wanted to rotate with a flick of the wheel. His fronts are wider than the rear even though he's running the same size front and rear. Stock stagger is out the window when bolting on wheels and tires without correcting the offset.

Reactions: Scoop and TxDoc
SingleEntendre

SingleEntendre

Supporting Member
Jul 31, 2024
S/W Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I read where you installed your new wheel/tire set-up without using rear spacers? If so, your front track is wider than the rear, which will cause your machine to be somewhat squirrelly at speed and will probably result in the rear being less planted in faster turns and more body roll considering it's a Pioneer. Install the spacers before alignment because this will be your conclusion after doing so. Does this make sense?
You are correct, no spacers. Makes sense, and if it worked for you, then I guess I should try spacers before any alignment. Thank you for sharing your real world experience.

Reactions: Scrappapotamus
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Def fix your track first (spacers).

I bought and use this setup for camber, caster, and toe on a variety of vehicles. I did the P1K5 by eye and thought it was close. After I got this, I saw how effing blind my eyes were. Lol.

Tenhulzen Automotive 2-Wheel Alignment Tool - All-in-one (Camber/Caster/Toe Plates) - Made in USA

SingleEntendre

SingleEntendre

Supporting Member
Jul 31, 2024
S/W Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added 1.25" spacers today. Problem solved. Everything back to normal. Lesson learned. Thank you for sharing your experience.