P1000 Vacant Rocker Switch on 2022 Trail Edition

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Randy,

I cut out the panel with a multi tool. You could also use an exacto knife with the blade set out 1/4" Those 4 mounts hold wires not associated with the switches. the black red wire is ignition on power Pin 2 on the switch connector blocks is fed ignition on power. Do you have the accessory fuse panel? is so, it looks like the switch output ends up as a fused output. If not then I'm guessing that there is no power fed to the switch and the switch wires are buried in the blue tape bundle. I don't see a blue tape bundle on mine. Maybe that was removed when the accessory fuse block was put in by the dealer

Joe
I will check when it quits raining. It will be much easier to see once I cut the panel out and get a good light source back there.

Reactions: Smitty335
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An oscillating multi-tool is best, I think, as it allows a high degree of precision, plunge cutting, great depth control, doesn't tend to melt plastic (as would a cutting blade in an angle grinder) and is just dang nice to have around the shop. Things like cutting the rectangular hole for a new rocker switch become a piece-of-cake.

Buy one . . . you won't be sorry. I've standardized on Makita for all my battery powered tools, so they can all use the same style battery, but there are other good brands as well.
I Love Makita as well! You know why the DeadWalts are yellow? yellow is a caution colour, The manufacturer is cautioning you against buying their product :)

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, installed the new rocker panel from Crossroads tonight. Here are a few pics from the install which shows the wire harness brackets behind the “don’t kill yourself” warning. The crossroads panel allowed me to keep those in the same place. I have a round punch out on each side of the rocker switches that I will add a usb charger and additional cig light plug.

one thing I haven’t figured out is how to wire my light bar and my 2 rear cubes to separate rockers. Currently they all work off the main led rocker. I purchased them altogether and the wiring harness has a relay and only came with one switch. I purchased 2 switches to replace but don’t see how I can do that without bypassing the relay.

6678B7BD 7C09 402C 9386 39FC905EE12B
2A4FA387 30A1 4DD3 B0F4 A4CCC1BAA7CB
D8C1CBCA 366B 4DA1 B9DB 3D018630E473
3202F4DD D560 4324 A140 687F9A8916F7

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
two switches=two circuits= two relays?
Yeah, the package I purchased only came with one relay and one switch to control the rooftop LED and the 2 cubes on the back. I want to control the back cubes and the LED on the roof with 2 different switches so that if people are riding behind me don’t have to be blinded by them. I have not found any posts or diagrams that show how to wire this configuration. I can make it happen if I bypass the relay but I don’t think that’s a good idea. I also am not a very good electrician so trial and error is not a good thing to do either. I installed both switches but only wired up the one for now. I figured at some point I would come across someone that could help me out and I would wire it up then.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It should be easy for you to do this, Just duplicate the wiring provided with the roof top LED for the 2 cubes. You should be able to get a relay w/harness from the club store
Good Luck!

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It should be easy for you to do this, Just duplicate the wiring provided with the roof top LED for the 2 cubes. You should be able to get a relay w/harness from the club store
Good Luck!
I’ll see if I can find one. The harness I have is all together for the cubes and the main LED light. All combined in one harness heat shrinked connected to one switch. I would have to somehow split out the cubes before they hit the relay and cut in a new relay and run it to the new switch. The other problem is that the current relay is powered from the fuse hot lead and I would have to splice in to that lead or add another one. I don’t know why I have to be so difficult. LOL

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A real simple way would be to splice in a switch between the relay and the cubes. The current the cubes draw will be very small and will not exceed the switch capacity. The down fall to this method is you cannot have the cubes on without the light bar being on. If you want to run the cubes without the light bar, you will have to find a key in power source to feed the cubes

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A real simple way would be to splice in a switch between the relay and the cubes. The current the cubes draw will be very small and will not exceed the switch capacity. The down fall to this method is you cannot have the cubes on without the light bar being on. If you want to run the cubes without the light bar, you will have to find a key in power source to feed the cubes
That’s what I was worried about. Didn’t want to overload the switch. I currently have the lights wired to my aux battery on my bus bar so I can use them without having the key on or risk running my main battery down. So, I suppose I could cut the cubes out of the main harness before the relay, run a new power lead from by aux bus bar, and connect to my rear switch. I think I can also run a jumper from my main switch to the rear switch for the Key On light to light the blue switch backlight. Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Reading this... I agree.
Just adding a cube switch after the relay would be the best option. But light bar would need to be on for them to work.
Anything else you would need to split them all together.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
IMG 4309
IMG 8483
for those wanting to save some time and maybe less hassle and zero cutting, bought this all prewired for a jeep for about $125.....

it all fires up from key on power honda put up front.

6 relays, voltmeter, individually fused, circuit breaker, all steel......

IMG 6085

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s what I was worried about. Didn’t want to overload the switch. I currently have the lights wired to my aux battery on my bus bar so I can use them without having the key on or risk running my main battery down. So, I suppose I could cut the cubes out of the main harness before the relay, run a new power lead from by aux bus bar, and connect to my rear switch. I think I can also run a jumper from my main switch to the rear switch for the Key On light to light the blue switch backlight. Thanks for the suggestion!!!!
Reading this... I agree.
Just adding a cube switch after the relay would be the best option. But light bar would need to be on for them to work.
Anything else you would need to split them all together.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Got it working but had to completely separate roof light from cubes. Cubes and switch are not behind a fused power source so I probably need to add in a fuse link. Other than that I can know control roof light and cubes separately and have them on at the same time if needed. I did power from a key on so they didn’t get left on accidentally. Thanks to all that offered suggestions.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, the package I purchased only came with one relay and one switch to control the rooftop LED and the 2 cubes on the back. I want to control the back cubes and the LED on the roof with 2 different switches so that if people are riding behind me don’t have to be blinded by them. I have not found any posts or diagrams that show how to wire this configuration. I can make it happen if I bypass the relay but I don’t think that’s a good idea. I also am not a very good electrician so trial and error is not a good thing to do either. I installed both switches but only wired up the one for now. I figured at some point I would come across someone that could help me out and I would wire it up the

Ok, installed the new rocker panel from Crossroads tonight. Here are a few pics from the install which shows the wire harness brackets behind the “don’t kill yourself” warning. The crossroads panel allowed me to keep those in the same place. I have a round punch out on each side of the rocker switches that I will add a usb charger and additional cig light plug.

one thing I haven’t figured out is how to wire my light bar and my 2 rear cubes to separate rockers. Currently they all work off the main led rocker. I purchased them altogether and the wiring harness has a relay and only came with one switch. I purchased 2 switches to replace but don’t see how I can do that without bypassing the relay.

View attachment 365980View attachment 365981View attachment 365982View attachment 365983
I've purchased a overhead switch panel from crossroads 3d and Iam very impressed with the quality and fit of there product. Your crossroads panel gives your rocker panel a nice clean look.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally finished up the dash. I moved the factory switches around, I changed the courtesy light switch from key on power to live always. this way I can turn on the lights so I can find where to put the key in. I said lights, because I added a license plate light to the ROPS above my head and some clear penny clearance lights in the rear passenger area
IMG 8120

Last edited:
ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally finished up the dash. I moved the factory switches around, I changed the courtesy light switch from key on power to live always. this way I can turn on the lights so I can find where to put the key in. I said lights, because I added a license plat light to the ROPS above my head and some clear penny clearance lights in the rear passenger areaView attachment 367022
Honda really needs to add some dash lights for gear shifter and 2w/4wd/turf. I may add some LEDs later to add some light to the dash when the lights are on.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I added switches just for fun now and for later needed use when I add more stuff.lol:D I purchased crossroads 3D overhead panel and I am very pleased.

IMG 20221205 152934 IMG 20221205 152730 IMG 20221205 153003

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!