P1000 2022 Trail i-4wd warning light

C

coglesby

Aug 13, 2024
Sherman, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bought in March pre-owned and ever since I've had it, light comes and goes. drove it hard in 4wd all last week and light never came on. back to easy driving in turf mode and again comes and goes. I can't understand why that light would even come on if not in 4wd. any advice appreciated.

Straight stock, no after market stuff. checked tire pressure and battery suggested by other posts.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
bought in March pre-owned and ever since I've had it, light comes and goes. drove it hard in 4wd all last week and light never came on. back to easy driving in turf mode and again comes and goes. I can't understand why that light would even come on if not in 4wd. any advice appreciated.

Straight stock, no after market stuff. checked tire pressure and battery suggested by other posts.
Welcome again from your other post.
Again Pics of your rig are required when u join/first post. POIDH.

How many miles on the rig as well?
Sounds like u need a cable adjustment to start. How to can be found in the search up top

C

coglesby

Aug 13, 2024
Sherman, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome again from your other post.
Again Pics of your rig are required when u join/first post. POIDH.

How many miles on the rig as well?
Sounds like u need a cable adjustment to start. How to can be found in the search up top
IMG 0977

C

coglesby

Aug 13, 2024
Sherman, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was pretty sure it had something to do with the brakes because it stays off when I’m using the brakes a lot. Only seemed to come on when I’m driving on the street and not using brakes much. Someone on another forum said that it could be brake sensor out of adjustment. I found it behind the brake fluid reservoir on the drivers side in the wheel well. Looking from the front I adjusted the plastic stop knurled nut clockwise. Light is off for now but only time will tell if it stays off.

p.s.: you have to pull the switch up and out of the bracket to adjust.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and CID
advertisement
C

coglesby

Aug 13, 2024
Sherman, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They’re not but I adjusted it to where the lights come on just before I feel back pressure from the brakes engaging. Saw an instructional video on a YouTube for the adjustment (video had nothing to do with the I-4WD light ). We’ll see how it goes.

Reactions: CID
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a wild shot-in-the-dark* but I'd check the connections to the wheel speed sensors, as the i4WD uses that info to apply the brake on the "slipping wheel to transfer power to the wheel that has traction.

*I'm always amazed at how many English language expressions have firearms to thank for their origin - - and that ain't no long shot.

Reactions: coglesby
C

coglesby

Aug 13, 2024
Sherman, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still haven't found the issue but I'm still working on it. I cleaned 2 of the for connectors. The one for the left front is hard to get to.