P1000 2022 Trail upgrades! IGR and tune Questions/experience

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I have a 2022 Pioneer 1000 5 Trail. I Currently have a TTC Long travel, 34s, beadlocks, RB3 steering, etc
Looking to do the IGR and a Tune from Florida Cracker Performance.

Why is there no info on the IGR install? nothing on youtube, everything on the forum is a couple years old.
FCP tunes? any experience? if you get the Dinojet PV3 can you change tunes on the fly or? I use mine around the farm,
cruising the road a little, then play in the rocks offroad, wondering what the tune change process is.

Reactions: TxDoc
AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Pics of the rig

Snapchat 809095516

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2022 Pioneer 1000 5 Trail. I Currently have a TTC Long travel, 34s, beadlocks, RB3 steering, etc
Looking to do the IGR and a Tune from Florida Cracker Performance.

Why is there no info on the IGR install? nothing on youtube, everything on the forum is a couple years old.
FCP tunes? any experience? if you get the Dinojet PV3 can you change tunes on the fly or? I use mine around the farm,
cruising the road a little, then play in the rocks offroad, wondering what the tune change process is.
There are few threads in the search about that tune. Should explain why or why not

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cant help you with an IGR, but did get a PV3 and tune from Florida Cracker. I just did a single tune (Mud and Sand). They have packages with multiple tunes that are semi-on the fly. I don't think you can change it while running down the trail but its a ~10 min ECM update/restart.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
You can change it back to factory tune as long as you have the tuner. Most say the dealership never checks. I dont know if they do or not. Scott at FCT also does bench tuning which requires you to send him your ECM. In that case without the tuner you could not revert it back to stock

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Cant help you with an IGR, but did get a PV3 and tune from Florida Cracker. I just did a single tune (Mud and Sand). They have packages with multiple tunes that are semi-on the fly. I don't think you can change it while running down the trail but its a ~10 min ECM update/restart.
10 mins aint bad. Thanks for the info.

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
There are few threads in the search about that tune. Should explain why or why not
The search function of this forum is less then desirable. Only shows old or Threads with high activity and almost all deter off the subject (same as this comment saying to search, as i stated in the original post i have looked and everything is dated a couple years)

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I recieved an email back from Reduction boss showing the pictures of the case apart and what needs to be done to the case itself but not a procedure per say. I guess i may document it when i do it for posterity and put on the forum/youtube.

Reactions: JenElio and CID
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R

I posted this not long ago. This mod really has me intrigued. 🤔The reason being is you won't lose your high gear. This gear reduction only affects your low gear. This has been an ongoing complaint since the pioneer 1000 was first released. Now that the talon is here everybody tries running 35's but can't spin them over in 4wd. This is definitely a lengthy install I'm sure but oh man would I love to run 35's on my machine with no lift. Down here in the swamps of Florida you need atleast a 35 to follow you buddies.

The mudpuppy guy is very knowledgeable on anything honda. He has a patreon page setup where you can ask him questions. Let us know what you find out.

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

I posted this not long ago. This mod really has me intrigued. 🤔The reason being is you won't lose your high gear. This gear reduction only affects your low gear. This has been an ongoing complaint since the pioneer 1000 was first released. Now that the talon is here everybody tries running 35's but can't spin them over in 4wd. This is definitely a lengthy install I'm sure but oh man would I love to run 35's on my machine with no lift. Down here in the swamps of Florida you need atleast a 35 to follow you buddies.

The mudpuppy guy is very knowledgeable on anything honda. He has a patreon page setup where you can ask him questions. Let us know what you find out.
After speaking with Jared from TTC he has a newer unit on 35s with the IGR and a hess performance kit. my 22 has lower gearing from the factory. So, I should be fine without the IGR since i have 34s(33 by a tap measure). i am just going to go with the tuning for now. But I'll keep everyone updated.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The search function of this forum is less then desirable. Only shows old or Threads with high activity and almost all deter off the subject (same as this comment saying to search, as i stated in the original post i have looked and everything is dated a couple years)
Just got to use more than one meaning to the word that you’re trying to look up. That thread poped up right away when I typed Florida tune🤷🏻‍♂️ there isnt gonna be something from last week on those tunes cuz not a whole lot run them as you can see by the number of responses you've had.

As for the comment suggesting you to use the search, We've covered alot in this forum. We recommend to check the search first for questions we’re not starting a new one of the same that’s all. And that did not bring up what you asked to try to help you further hopefully get you some answers.

Reactions: CID
AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Ok i have the tune from FCP. i like it but I believe an IGR is the best route for my type of riding.
Why is there so little to no info on IGR installation? Id like to do it myself as most of the shop recommendations have poor reviews. I have rebuilt engines, transmissions, and tcases etc on full size rigs. Anyone have detailed info on installation? nothing on youtube either which is odd.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok i have the tune from FCP. i like it but I believe an IGR is the best route for my type of riding.
Why is there so little to no info on IGR installation? Id like to do it myself as most of the shop recommendations have poor reviews. I have rebuilt engines, transmissions, and tcases etc on full size rigs. Anyone have detailed info on installation? nothing on youtube either which is odd.
I suspect it’s not a common DIY thing. People either know they can handle it or they assume they can’t. IMHO.

Reactions: EMAW and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Maybe @snuffnwhisky or @joeymt33 might shed some light on this topic. They've been there done that I'm sure. Good luck, and definitely keep us posted either way, helps the next guy along.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!