P1000 2023 1000-6 Dual Battery Setup

T

TexasSpartan

Mar 22, 2023
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Hey all, picked up a '23 1K6 this past weekend and dealer is currently waiting on a couple accessories to come in and install. Hope to have the rig by this weekend. I'm interested in installing the dual battery setup as my first mod. It seems there are many ways to go about this so wanted to ask what is the most current install that you all would recommend? I've watched Robert Sparre's vidoe a couple times but I'm seeing that the '22's and '23's have additional wiring for adding accessories. Is Robert's method still the best way to go or is there a more recent version I'm not seeing? TIA.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
picked up a '23 1K6 this past weekend
Welcome from the Radical Leftist run Michigan!

First things first when you join is pics. Its Rule #4 or….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

For your battery set up, check out the forums Club store for the the kit you need for that. We like to support the Boss and The Forum when we can.
Also check the search on how to’s and pics of how others have done it cuz we have! 😉

Reactions: ChadD and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey all, picked up a '23 1K6 this past weekend and dealer is currently waiting on a couple accessories to come in and install. Hope to have the rig by this weekend. I'm interested in installing the dual battery setup as my first mod. It seems there are many ways to go about this so wanted to ask what is the most current install that you all would recommend? I've watched Robert Sparre's vidoe a couple times but I'm seeing that the '22's and '23's have additional wiring for adding accessories. Is Robert's method still the best way to go or is there a more recent version I'm not seeing? TIA.
Welcome to the club from south FL

Like the sheriff mentioned.....POIDH!!! 😂

There's more then one way to skin a cat sooooo basically what works for you is the "best" way of doing the job. Club store has a lot of plug-n-play stuff 👍

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
H

HondaTech

Even with the Honda acc. fuse box installed there is still room in the spot most install their 2nd battery.

Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am planning to use the OEM fuse panel on mine when it gets here. You can check out this thread for more info on the fuse panel. The boss did a nice write up on it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!