Breakdown of the NEW 2022 Accessory Fuse Box kit. 0SS25-HL4-A00

Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So still waiting on my dealer to get in my new rig.....but I purchased a ton of accessories already (I get a friends and family discount at my local dealer) including the OEM fuse panel, mount, wiring harness and wiper kit. I wanted to add the Aux battery key on/rocker switch from the club store, and was looking at the wiring diagram on the site.

My thinking is the ground and power should come off of the 2nd battery to pins 7 and 6 respectively on the switch as shown in the above picture. I believe I can just splice the switch into the Key on wire harness from Honda by splicing the key on power to pin 4 and the out from pin 5 back to the key on harness that feeds the panel since the stinger relay in this scenario is a relay on the fuse panel itself that is connected to the key on power connector circled below.

Has anybody with the factory fuse panel tried this to verify what I am planning to do?

Thanks!

Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No.
Pin 4 is key-on power
Pin 5 to the post you have circled in red.
Pin 6 needs constant power. (from battery).
@Hondasxs, So I take it my thinking is correct other than the constant power. I should be able to split my key on harness and wire it to Pin 4 and the take the other end from Pin 5 to the Key on connection on the fuse panel. Pin 6 should come from the primary battery and pin 7 grounded to the chassis, correct?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I should be able to split my key on harness and wire it to Pin 4
Cut it into, and alter the termination.
Fuse box side wire (red circle connector) to #5
Machine end to #4

take the other end from Pin 5 to the Key on connection on the fuse panel
Let's call this the trigger wire connection.
Its not related to key-on, when this port (red circle) has power it turns the fuse box ON, thus triggered.

pin 7 grounded to the chassis, correct?
Yes, 7 and 9 to any ground.
This is only needed for switch backlighting.

D

Dirter

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope this won’t get me in trouble but I’d like to let you all know I have one of these for sale over in the classifieds

Reactions: Lady01
A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Received my 2022 Pioneer 1000 Fuse box kit this week and started to dig into it. A welcomed upgrade to the past systems and wanted to see what it was about.

View attachment 330033

To install you need these 3 parts:
  • Fuse Box 0SS25-HL4-A00 $210.95
  • Fuse Box Wiring Kit for:
    • Pioneer 1000 - 0SS26-HL4-A00 $82.95
    • Talon 1000 - 0SS26-HL6-A00
    • Pioneer 700 - 0SS26-HL3-A00
  • Fuse Box/Audio Mount Bracket for: (now shown)

After a quick review, the con's quickly outweighed the pro's and feel most users will still want to DIY there own fuse system.

PRO's.
  • Really nice package. The new case is in the right direction.
  • It is key-on controlled.
  • It is mostly a sealed setup. Unlike past models.
  • Has 4 switches, 1 wiper switch, and 3 un-used constants with grounds.
  • Easy to install.
  • Better quality then previous models.
CON's.
  • Switches or Accessory connector/wires not included.
  • No Switches, Requires Honda accessories to get them.
  • May need an adaptor if using 2016-21 accessories. See post --> P1000 - 2022 Honda Factory ELECTRONIC Accessories may not fit!
  • There are 5 switch connectors but only 4 switch spots on the Pioneer switch panel.
  • Switches are not wired to be lighted. There is no support for the common lighted 5 pin on/off switch. While the 5 pin will work you will not have backlights.
  • The pins in the switch housing are installed backward by the manufacture (3rd party, not Honda). I really don't think this will be a issue but it does cause them not to seat al the way. The On/Off switches will be fine but the wiper will need a little elbow grease to force the spade pins to bend into palace. It still will never seat 100% but should work.
  • Hoped for a relay type system allowing more power. While there are 3 small relays, they are not for the switches.
  • Each switch is rated for 10 amps. This should be fine for most usage. Anything more than that needs its own relay anyways.
  • It DOES NOT tie into the large factory On/Off switches found on the Deluxe and Trial models.

Will add pictures soon.

View attachment 330030
View attachment 330032View attachment 365523
  • It DOES NOT tie into the large factory On/Off switches found on the Deluxe and Trial models.
So if I purchased a 2023 1000-5 Trail edition does that mean it's not compatible and I need to go a different route?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So if I purchased a 2023 1000-5 Trail edition does that mean it's not compatible and I need to go a different route?
It's compatible.
It's really universal and will fit any machine by just cutting off the trigger wire connector and hooking it to key-on power.

The mount is what makes it fit your machine.
But that's irrelevant to the box functions.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
It's compatible.
It's really universal and will fit any machine by just cutting off the trigger wire connector and hooking it to key-on power.

Is there just a different size key-on power wire plug on the 2022/2023. Is there an adapter or pigtail? Don't really want splice into anything.

Starting to rethink the OEM fuse box.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Is there just a different size key-on power wire plug on the 2022/2023. Is there an adapter or pigtail? Don't really want splice into anything.

Starting to rethink the OEM fuse box.
16-21 didn't have a key-on power wire.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to ask.

advertisement
A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
16-21 didn't have a key-on power wire.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to ask.
It's compatible.

Haven't got the unit yet and guess I'm confused. The original post listed as a con
I took this to mean that the trigger jumper plug didn't match the 2023 Trails key on power plug (blue taped and capped connector referenced in instructions). Would prefer to match the OEM provided plug instead of splicing in (not that it's a big deal, just a preference).

Maybe it is referencing some provided vacant on/off switches and if that's the case, it really doesn't seem like a good fit for the 2023 Trail model.

The more I read, It seems like this fuse box is only for Honda OEM accessories. Do you think this FB is a good choice?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The trigger wire connector fits fine.

The factory switches are these (see image). Many people think you need this fuse box to work them when actually it doesn't even give a way to use them at all.

Once you get it you can buy pigtails to install your own accessories. It's a nice system, just lacking features that would have been so easy to add.
2f4ea1d98d2342689b50f6c8ee58d86a

Last edited:
Reactions: aucivil
A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
The trigger wire connector fits fine.

The factory switches are these (see image). Many people think you need this fuse box to work them when actually it doesn't even give a way to use them at all.

Once you get it you can buy pigtails to install your own accessories. It's a nice system, just lacking features that would have been so easy to add.
View attachment 381586

Can you get switches that work with the Honda fuse box wiring kit without buying OEM accessories. Didn't see them in the store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you get switches that work with the Honda fuse box wiring kit without buying OEM accessories. Didn't see them in the store.
Yes, any switch will work once wired to the connectors sold in the store.

The fuse panel just doesn't have the additional wires in the connections for backlit switches. The switch will work just fine it just won't have the back lit feature.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes, any switch will work once wired to the connectors sold in the store.

The fuse panel just doesn't have the additional wires in the connections for backlit switches. The switch will work just fine it just won't have the back lit feature.
And we have lots of quality rocker switches ---> Rocker Switches

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
And we have lots of quality rocker switches ---> Rocker Switches
Forgive me for being dense but just trying to make sure I understand. The rocker switches listed above plug directly into the connectors on the OEM fuse box wiring kit (do wires require relocation). The wiring kit plugs into the fuse box and accessory pig tails are plugged into the fuse box outlets. Now activating the switch activates the corresponding pigtail.

Are the listed rocker switches the same size as the 2023 1000-5 trail blanks

Reactions: Smitty335
Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgive me for being dense but just trying to make sure I understand. The rocker switches listed above plug directly into the connectors on the OEM fuse box wiring kit (do wires require relocation). The wiring kit plugs into the fuse box and accessory pig tails are plugged into the fuse box outlets. Now activating the switch activates the corresponding pigtail.

Are the listed rocker switches the same size as the 2023 1000-5 trail blanks
Yes most applications the switches plug directly into the OEM wiring kit. I say most because there could always be an exception, but must configurations / uses are described well on this forum. Honda SXS store offer the pig tails to adapt the accessory to the OEM port (output). Yes activating the switch activates the corresponding port / pigtail. I did not have to relocate any wires but it does add some. In the OEM box. Here a picture of a couple switches in my 2022 trail edition p1000-5.

3962DD7B 5640 4FC1 B5CD B986BE3D0549

Reactions: aucivil
A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
@Hondasxs, So I take it my thinking is correct other than the constant power. I should be able to split my key on harness and wire it to Pin 4 and the take the other end from Pin 5 to the Key on connection on the fuse panel. Pin 6 should come from the primary battery and pin 7 grounded to the chassis, correct?
I'm doing the same dual battery set-up with OEM fuse box running off the aux battery's power and rocker switch.

So the aux fuse panels main + & - post connect to the aux battery and aux OEM fuse box's battery trigger relay (red circled plug) pulls power (via pin 5) from the pink key-on wire (pin 4) or direct connection to main battery (pin 6)

Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@aucivil In this scenario if you split the Aux panel trigger wire connected to the pink wire taped up under the dash, and wire to pins 4 (in from trigger wire) and and out from pin 5 to the trigger wire port on the panel you are manually triggering the Aux panel relay to power on the panel and second battery without turning on the machine via the key. You can now use anything connected to that panel and the second battery.

1678732869712 png

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!