Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Received my 2022 Pioneer 1000 Fuse box kit this week and started to dig into it. A welcomed upgrade to the past systems and wanted to see what it was about.

Ef8dfee0893fefd2f86f0c03b652a7bc

To install you need these 3 parts:
  • Fuse Box 0SS25-HL4-A00 $210.95
  • Fuse Box Wiring Kit for:
    • Pioneer 1000 - 0SS26-HL4-A00 $82.95
    • Talon 1000 - 0SS26-HL6-A00
    • Pioneer 700 - 0SS26-HL3-A00
  • Fuse Box/Audio Mount Bracket for: (now shown)

After a quick review, the con's quickly outweighed the pro's and feel most users will still want to DIY there own fuse system.

PRO's.
  • Really nice package. The new case is in the right direction.
  • It is key-on controlled.
  • It is mostly a sealed setup. Unlike past models.
  • Has 4 switches, 1 wiper switch, and 3 un-used constants with grounds.
  • Easy to install.
  • Better quality then previous models.
CON's.
  • Switches or Accessory connector/wires not included.
  • No Switches, Requires Honda accessories to get them.
  • May need an adaptor if using 2016-21 accessories. See post --> P1000 - 2022 Honda Factory ELECTRONIC Accessories may not fit!
  • There are 5 switch connectors but only 4 switch spots on the Pioneer switch panel.
  • Switches are not wired to be lighted. There is no support for the common lighted 5 pin on/off switch. While the 5 pin will work you will not have backlights.
  • The pins in the switch housing are installed backward by the manufacture (3rd party, not Honda). I really don't think this will be a issue but it does cause them not to seat al the way. The On/Off switches will be fine but the wiper will need a little elbow grease to force the spade pins to bend into palace. It still will never seat 100% but should work.
  • Hoped for a relay type system allowing more power. While there are 3 small relays, they are not for the switches.
  • Each switch is rated for 10 amps. This should be fine for most usage. Anything more than that needs its own relay anyways.
  • It DOES NOT tie into the large factory On/Off switches found on the Deluxe and Trial models.

Will add pictures soon.

820288e2088118586f98c75ea99a84af

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the review, excellent work. It seems a pretty expensive way to go vs DIY, especially for unlit switches.

I don't think I spent much more than that to do my whole dual battery / isolator / switch panel setup.

vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased the 2022 fuse box/ audio bracket, it shows for 2022 only, but it fits a 2021, so I think it will work with any pioneer 1000, I have the Deka ETX30L battery, and there is 1 1/2" clearance to the battery
DSCF5757
DSCF5756

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I purchased the 2022 fuse box/ audio bracket, it shows for 2022 only, but it fits a 2021, so I think it will work with any pioneer 1000, I have the Deka ETX30L battery, and there is 1 1/2" clearance to the battery
View attachment 333927 View attachment 333928
Thanks for posting that.
Ya, it should fit with all years.
And the fuse box + wire kit will fit any machine really.
It has potential to be a nice setup.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After looking at the Pro Keven update on the 22 honda 1000 with the audio system, I am convinced that the audio system will not fit the earlier models, ( Honda reps state it will fit 16-22 models), I will not be purchasing the Factory audio system as I have a 2021

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's inside!
View attachment 330035

I had the dealer install a heater and a windshield wiper/washer, so I have the acc fuse box kit installed. Is there a wiring diagram for this fuse box? I'd like to figure out how use the factory mounted switches with the fuse box to power my bilge fan and future accessories
IMG 7675

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I had the dealer install a heater and a windshield wiper/washer, so I have the acc fuse box kit installed. Is there a wiring diagram for this fuse box? I'd like to figure out how use the factory mounted switches with the fuse box to power my bilge fan and future accessoriesView attachment 349855
Its fairly simple, but confusing.

There is the switch housings labeled SW1,2,3,4. Each controls an output labeled SW1,2,3,4.
Once you pick your switch you just install it and when ON it will trigger the SW outputs.
You can find pigtails in the club store here --> GT-150 2 Pin connector. Male, Female, or set.
Pick female WITH pigtails. I will also be adding 3ft tails soon.

The other 3 connectors on the fuse box are labeled AUX, these are keyon constants. good for other uses.

The Wiper harness I dont have figured out and really have no plans to as I have no need for a wiper system.
And, that's about it.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its fairly simple, but confusing.

There is the switch housings labeled SW1,2,3,4. Each controls an output labeled SW1,2,3,4.
Once you pick your switch you just install it and when ON it will trigger the SW outputs.
You can find pigtails in the club store here --> GT-150 2 Pin connector. Male, Female, or set.
Pick female WITH pigtails. I will also be adding 3ft tails soon.

The other 3 connectors on the fuse box are labeled AUX, these are keyon constants. good for other uses.

The Wiper harness I dont have figured out and really have no plans to as I have no need for a wiper system.
And, that's about it.
Thanks,

I get the confusing part, I'll follow the wires tomorrow to see if I can find the simple part

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks,

I get the confusing part, I'll follow the wires tomorrow to see if I can find the simple part
There labeled. Well mine was.
Just match them up.
Switch that say SW1 controls the output connector of SW1.

Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great information here, I personally have gone from not liking this Fuse box as first impression to liking it (thanks to Honda SxS wiring products. Honda SxS pig tails make the AUX connections very useful. I have a P1k5 Trail edition, It works well with a second battery. I Use a piece of foam just to make sure the battery does not bounce up on the mounting bracket. One AUX is going to the True voltmeter relay AUX 2 is powering a dual USB charger. Also has key on power in the harness that is the power for my back up lights in work mode. For me this just makes for a clean install.

48E3D867 7825 44BA AB69 1A4CB4DC2823

Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great information here, I personally have gone from not liking this Fuse box as first impression to liking it (thanks to Honda SxS wiring products. Honda SxS pig tails make the AUX connections very useful. I have a P1k5 Trail edition, It works well with a second battery. I Use a piece of foam just to make sure the battery does not bounce up on the mounting bracket. One AUX is going to the True voltmeter relay AUX 2 is powering a dual USB charger. Also has key on power in the harness that is the power for my back up lights in work mode. For me this just makes for a clean install.

View attachment 369159
Hogwild,

Do you have a wiring diagram for your dual battery setup and how you are utilizing this fuse block and the club store parts to integrate it to your rig?

I am waiting on my dealer to get my new rig in, and I'm planning out all my upgrades. I want to do as much as possible. Trying to figure out if I go down the DIY path for dual battery or try to integrate this fuse block and a few other adders from the Club store.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hogwild,

Do you have a wiring diagram for your dual battery setup and how you are utilizing this fuse block and the club store parts to integrate it to your rig?

I am waiting on my dealer to get in my new rig in, and I'm planning out all my upgrades. I want to do as much as possible Trying to figure out if I go down the DIY path for dual battery or try to integrate this fuse block and a few other adders from the CLub store.

Thanks.

Reactions: NewHere2
Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wisco-Tango
I followed the standard True dual battery Diagram that comes with the True Dual Battery Connect & Monitor Kit. For the Honda Fuse Block I simply used the Aux power connectors to provided key on power to the Dual display Volt meter relay. I also use another Aux Port for a USB charger I installed next to the 12v stock power port. I also user a power source for the Honda SxS Backup Light kit for work light power. The Honda fuse box is plug and play for the Honda LED light bar on the roof I installed. So to use the AUX connections I got the Honda SxS pig tails they make for this accessory. I got 3ft since they were short runs. Honda Fuse Box Accessory Pigtails Wiring.
Like you I planned my upgrades and prioritized them by my perceived use and benefits. The Honda SxS full back up light kit is amazing with the three way switch. The dual battery for me was a must for the winch, and I wanted it off the primary battery. There are a lot of way to in stall the dual battery kit, determining mounting locations of the Isolator and the relay are the most difficult. That were ordering proper length battery cables is a must. If you have or get the Honda fuse box I would be glad to answer any questions you have. I still may move the prower for this fuse box to the Aux battery at a later time. Before beginning I read every post and watched all the videos I could find. They all had value and were worth the time to gain knowledge.

This picture from above helped me a lot and show the Aux connectors for key on power.

Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wisco-Tango
I followed the standard True dual battery Diagram that comes with the True Dual Battery Connect & Monitor Kit. For the Honda Fuse Block I simply used the Aux power connectors to provided key on power to the Dual display Volt meter relay. I also use another Aux Port for a USB charger I installed next to the 12v stock power port. I also user a power source for the Honda SxS Backup Light kit for work light power. The Honda fuse box is plug and play for the Honda LED light bar on the roof I installed. So to use the AUX connections I got the Honda SxS pig tails they make for this accessory. I got 3ft since they were short runs. Honda Fuse Box Accessory Pigtails Wiring.
Like you I planned my upgrades and prioritized them by my perceived use and benefits. The Honda SxS full back up light kit is amazing with the three way switch. The dual battery for me was a must for the winch, and I wanted it off the primary battery. There are a lot of way to in stall the dual battery kit, determining mounting locations of the Isolator and the relay are the most difficult. That were ordering proper length battery cables is a must. If you have or get the Honda fuse box I would be glad to answer any questions you have. I still may move the prower for this fuse box to the Aux battery at a later time. Before beginning I read every post and watched all the videos I could find. They all had value and were worth the time to gain knowledge.

This picture from above helped me a lot and show the Aux connectors for key on power.View attachment 369591
So you are only using the Aux connectors so far for the "always on stuff" (USB, Dual voltage meter) and using one of the switched connection for the light bar? So the other question I have is do you have this fuse panel tied to your main battery or the 2nd one? You mentioned that you have your winch tied to the second battery. Just trying to get it all straight in my head.

Thanks!

Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you are only using the Aux connectors so far for the "always on stuff" (USB, Dual voltage meter) and using one of the switched connection for the light bar? So the other question I have is do you have this fuse panel tied to your main battery or the 2nd one? You mentioned that you have your winch tied to the second battery. Just trying to get it all straight in my head.

Thanks!
Correct to your fist summary of the use of connectors and switched connection. For the second question, Currently this fuse panel is on the main battery as originally installed. I plan to move to the Fuse Power cables (+ & -) to the second battery where the winch is. There no issues with wire routes our cable length that I can see. As side note my I did not mention is my battery tender on my SxS is wired to the main battery and with the true kit it tends to both batteries. Once the main battery is at voltage - the blue light in the true isolator comes on and it tends both. The Blue light remains on while plugged in. For this I recommend a 2 amp battery tender. Lastly I have no wipers, no Factory heater or sound system on my P1K trail edition.

Reactions: Wisco-Tango

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!