Breakdown of the NEW 2022 Accessory Fuse Box kit. 0SS25-HL4-A00

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
@aucivil In this scenario if you split the Aux panel trigger wire connected to the pink wire taped up under the dash, and wire to pins 4 (in from trigger wire) and and out from pin 5 to the trigger wire port on the panel you are manually triggering the Aux panel relay to power on the panel and second battery without turning on the machine via the key. You can now use anything connected to that panel and the second battery.

View attachment 385928
And Pin 6 is connected to the main battery not the aux battery?

Pirate88

Pirate88

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2023
Southern Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
OK, newbie here. Trying to figure out what I have and how it works.
This photo is of the Honda Fuse Block in my 2023 Talon 1000X-4 as installed by the Dealer Service Dept

At the top are SW1 thru SW4 These all have power when the Ignition Key is turned "ON".
SW4 has the wiring harness for the Honda S&B Particle Separator plugged in. Indeed the switch backlight and operation
only occurs when the Ignition Key is "ON".

The fuse box has ten 10A fuses, all are good.

Watching a YouTube video and checking mine, the Honda Fuse Block is connected to the Honda Red and Black wires.
I'm having to guess...directly from the battery? There is power there at all time.

At the bottom are four plugs. AUX1 and AUX2&3 have no power present, using a test light, with the Ignition Key "ON" or "OFF".
I'm thinking these are the outlets that would have power with the Ignition Key "OFF"?

The Dealer Service Dept put the wiring harness for the Honda Heater in the glove box. Not sure why, but I have it.

The outlet for the Wiper is shown. I purchased the Honda windshield wiper accessory and from the photo earlier this is the outlet.

So I ask. How come I have three outlets that have no power to them at any time? Is there a wire missing?

Not having looked thoroughly yet, where does power for the winch come from?

Having just come from a Polaris General. There is a Polaris Accessory circuit that is only rated 10A, is switched. It is used to trigger relays to provide more current for larger draw accessories. So I wonder is the "Trigger" on the Honda Fuse Block the same?

Thanks so very much for help!
Pirate

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No, you got it mixed up a bit. The ports are labeled AUX and SW. Clean it up and look.
your missing the wire harness for the 14 pin port.

Hang on. I'll type a longer reply.

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Im' guessing your calling this the heater harness?
No, this is the switch harness, it controls the SW ports and turns them ON.
But to turn them ON, you must install a rocker switch. You can test this by making a jumper with a wire/paper clip.
They should have labels on them SW1 turns on SW1 port and so forth...

This layout is correct. (below) The box is labeled what each port is. Mine was.
The SW ports ONLY get power once a switch is installed and turned ON. Again, you can test with a jumper at the switch housing (black box connectors)
The AUX ports are all keyed-hots.
The 14 pin port is show above. Its the main control harness.
The single port is the key-on trigger wire. It turns the switch panel ON and allows the AUX ports to have power and sends power to the wire harness above so the switch can turn ON the SW ports when installed.

1697576574845 png

The 6 pin is the wiper. BUT make sure you have the 2022 version of the wiper kit. Had several people order the 2021 version and it will not work.

Trigger power for the winch will come from the single port trigger wire, it has another port on the harness to be used. You may need to order a connector pigtail if you did not buy the OEM winch kit.

What other questions do you have.

Link to additional pigtails for the fuse box.

Link to the ACC port pigtail.

Link to switches that will work. However, you can find cheaper 2-pin switches out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and trigger
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just a reference to the one I have here. 8152392079aec0637c2ed0f21b568ea7

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Pirate88

Pirate88

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2023
Southern Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
After some study...and using a small tube brush to clean off the dirt. This is my Honda Fuse Block:

Yes, this is the cable that was in the glove box.

Looking at it. I can see that the large end plugs into the CONTROL/A1 on the Fuse Block.
The other end of the harness has:

A switch plug with five wires with a tag that reads Wiper.
A switch plug with a green and orange wires with a tag that reads SW1
A switch plug with a green and orange wires with a tag that reads SW2
A switch plug with two white wires with a tag that reads SW3
A switch plug with two grey wires with a tag that reads SW4
A red and black wires with crimp female ends with a tag that reads A1

At this time there is a female plug with wiring that seems to go to the Particle Separator switch
on the switch panel. It has keyed power and the Particle Separator works with the key ON and the switch ON.
Not sure how that is working. Unless with Key ON and Switch ON, the power is coming from the Red and Black
wires connected to the right end of the Fuse Block.

So the five female switch plug ends and the Black/Red wires....
The five female switch plug ends are designed to fill the five switch locations in the instrument panel switch plate?
Being as the Female Switch plug ends have different numbers of wires and different colors of wires...Are they designated
for use with Honda accessories? Each coming with a switch that matches one of the harness switch plugs?

Or can I use them with my own accessories and switches?
The accessory would be limited to 10A current draw to match the fuses in the Fuse Block.

Am I correct that the CONTROL/A1 takes power from the larger Red and Black wires connected to the right end of the
Fuse Block?

But then...if the CONTROL/A1 has five switch female ends...are all the SW* and AUX* available for me to use for other accessories?
Just by having the male plugs that go into a SW* or AUX* port on the Fuse Block?

Whew, once I have it, it's going to be easy. But...still trying to learn.

Pirate

So then the wiring plug in the AUX3 should be pulled out and the Particle Separator switch plugged into one of the female switch
plugs on the harness?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So then the wiring plug in the AUX3 should be pulled out and the Particle Separator switch plugged into one of the female switch
plugs on the harness?

I'll reply to the rest after while.

But to this one.
Do this.
Move the seperator to SW1 port.
Plug in the control wires batch.
Plug in the rocker switch into the one tagged SW1 at the end of the control wires.
Now the separator can be switched when key is on.

Edit... Disreguard, but the above is how accessories work with SW and SW switch housings.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looking at it. I can see that the large end plugs into the CONTROL/A1 on the Fuse Block.
Ok.. plug it in. Its needed to work the SW ports.
The other end of the harness has:

A switch plug with five wires with a tag that reads Wiper.
A switch plug with a green and orange wires with a tag that reads SW1
A switch plug with a green and orange wires with a tag that reads SW2
A switch plug with two white wires with a tag that reads SW3
A switch plug with two grey wires with a tag that reads SW4
A red and black wires with crimp female ends with a tag that reads A1
Each match the port A1 is key-ed hot for the USB accessory.
At this time there is a female plug with wiring that seems to go to the Particle Separator switch
on the switch panel. It has keyed power and the Particle Separator works with the key ON and the switch ON.
Not sure how that is working. Unless with Key ON and Switch ON, the power is coming from the Red and Black
wires connected to the right end of the Fuse Block.
reading this.. Disreguard previous above post. But that concept works for accessories.
To answer this. That is because the separator is plugged into the AUX port. all 3 AUX ports have power whenever the key is on.
So if inline somewhere, it already has a switch then I would leave it plugged into one of the AUX ports.
So the five female switch plug ends and the Black/Red wires....
The five female switch plug ends are designed to fill the five switch locations in the instrument panel switch plate?
Being as the Female Switch plug ends have different numbers of wires and different colors of wires...Are they designated
for use with Honda accessories? Each coming with a switch that matches one of the harness switch plugs?
Yes, when you buy the Honda LED light bar, it comes with wires to plug in and a switch.
You would plug the wires into SW2, and the switch into the matching SW2 housing.
Now the led light bar works with the switch.
Or can I use them with my own accessories and switches?
The accessory would be limited to 10A current draw to match the fuses in the Fuse Block.
Yes, you can add your own using the items I posted. The pigtails and a switch is really all you need.
Am I correct that the CONTROL/A1 takes power from the larger Red and Black wires connected to the right end of the
Fuse Block?
Generally, I'll answer this yes. But it is relayed power, then each SW# activates its machine port.
But then...if the CONTROL/A1 has five switch female ends...are all the SW* and AUX* available for me to use for other accessories?
Just by having the male plugs that go into a SW* or AUX* port on the Fuse Block?
Sure. SW ports are switched, AUX are key-on not switched.
Whew, once I have it, it's going to be easy. But...still trying to learn.

Pirate

plugs on the harness?
Now that I ready all this, maybe disregard my previous post as I did not see your separator had its own switch already working.
This is because it is in the AUX port.

Pirate88

Pirate88

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2023
Southern Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I will have to go back and check the AUX ports. Right now, key ON, only the AUX3 has power. And that is to the Particle Separator.
But I will check again.

I did purchase four of the pigtails to allow me to use the ports for my accessories.

Since I didn't purchase the Honda light bar, that part of the harness can be taped up and just tucked against the firewall?

Thanks for all your help,
Pirate

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I will have to go back and check the AUX ports. Right now, key ON, only the AUX3 has power. And that is to the Particle Separator.
But I will check again.

I did purchase four of the pigtails to allow me to use the ports for my accessories.

Since I didn't purchase the Honda light bar, that part of the harness can be taped up and just tucked against the firewall?

Thanks for all your help,
Pirate

Almost got it figured out.
Aux 1, 2, 3 have power when key is on.
SW 1, 2, 3, 4 have power when a switch is plugged into the matching SW switch housing at the end of the control wires and key is on.
Same for wiper.
Small black and red spade connectors at the end of the control wires have power with key on. Use for USB or volt meter.

And that's how it works.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Pirate88

Pirate88

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2023
Southern Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Getting so frustrating...
S&B Particle Separator is plugged into AUX3. It functions anytime the key is ON.
Pulled it and plugged it into AUX2. It functions anytime the key is ON.
S&B harness is not long enough to plug it in to AUX1.
I purchased two of these:

I've plugged one of these into all the ports and get nothing. No voltage with key on and with key on and engine running.
Wondered if there needed to be some load on the circuit to have power. I put together this rig:

It consists of the USB port that came with the wiring harness. A USB light and a USB fan.
I connected it to an Accessory Wiring Connector.
Plug this into any of the SW or AUX port and get no voltage.
I plugged the big harness into the CONTROL/A1 outlet and connected the USB port to the Red and Black wires in the harness.
Fan runs with the key ON.
I used a voltmeter to check for voltage on all five of the female switch plugs. No power at any of them with the key ON.

So for SW1,2,3,4 Have to have the appropriate Honda Accessory switch plugged into the harness for there to be power?
Nooo...the SW ports must be usable for other aftermarket accessories. But what does it take to get power to the Fuse Block outlets?

Can you explain the function of the Trigger wire, again? Is it a Key on trigger for a relay that turns on all the Fuse Block outlets?

So why shouldn't I connect the S&B Particle separator, Heater and Wiper wires to the correct locations and do away with the Fuse Block? I can't get it to provide power to any of the SW outlets. It's all switched power. So I'll need to add a Sea Blue Systems fused distribution block to power my HOT all the time accessories.

Am I wrong or is the Fuse Block useless except for Honda Accessories?
Thanks,
Pirate

Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Why are we going in circles here?

All 3 of the AUX ports do the same thing.
They are all powered when the key is on.
Getting so frustrating...
S&B Particle Separator is plugged into AUX3. It functions anytime the key is ON.
Pulled it and plugged it into AUX2. It functions anytime the key is ON.
S&B harness is not long enough to plug it in to AUX1.
I thought this was settled. You said it had a switch and was working. So why move it.
Aux 1, 2,3 all do the same thing. All are powered when the key is on.
Key on = AUX 1, 2, 3 have power...
Ok.. So whatever you plug into those will work.
Any questions regarding just he AUX ports?

I purchased two of these:
View attachment 407260
View attachment 407261
I've plugged one of these into all the ports and get nothing. No voltage with key on and with key on and engine running.
Wondered if there needed to be some load on the circuit to have power. I put together this rig:
View attachment 407262
It consists of the USB port that came with the wiring harness. A USB light and a USB fan.
I connected it to an Accessory Wiring Connector.
Plug this into any of the SW or AUX port and get no voltage.
Try the AUX again, you did something wrong.
The SW port will not work unless you have the control wires plugged in and a switch plugged in to the matching SW housing.
I plugged the big harness into the CONTROL/A1 outlet and connected the USB port to the Red and Black wires in the harness.
Fan runs with the key ON.
I used a voltmeter to check for voltage on all five of the female switch plugs. No power at any of them with the key ON.
LEAVE THE CONTROL WIRE PLUGGED IN. Its required for this work.
Did you plug in a switch to the SW switch housing for the matching SW port?
If no, of course there not going to work. You need a switch.
So for SW1,2,3,4 Have to have the appropriate Honda Accessory switch plugged into the harness for there to be power?
Nooo...the SW ports must be usable for other aftermarket accessories. But what does it take to get power to the Fuse Block outlets?
Yes and no. you can plug in your own switch and those pigtails.
Can you explain the function of the Trigger wire, again? Is it a Key on trigger for a relay that turns on all the Fuse Block outlets?
The trigger wire just collects key-on to energize the fuse box.
So why shouldn't I connect the S&B Particle separator, Heater and Wiper wires to the correct locations and do away with the Fuse Block?
I guess you can if you can figure out a secondary fuse box.
I can't get it to provide power to any of the SW outlets.
Because you have not plugged in a rocker switch to the matching housing.
It's all switched power. So I'll need to add a Sea Blue Systems fused distribution block to power my HOT all the time accessories.
that is another topic. Or you can alter this to be on a switch instead of key-on.. but that's a new thread.
Am I wrong or is the Fuse Block useless except for Honda Accessories?
incorrect. you can use any accessory once you stop overthinking and understand how simple this is.
Thanks,
Pirate

Next post I'll try to make it as simple as I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
1697663880809 png
Trigger - This is from the factory system to tell the fuse box to TURN ON when the key is on.

CONTROL/A1 - this is MSUT be plugged in to work the SW ports. Without it none of the SW ports or Wiper will work.

AUX 1, 2, 3 - These have 12v whenever the key is on. Plug in things that just need power, like your winch control, volt meter, our worklight trigger kit, other things that have their own switch already like a radio.

WIPER - this is for the 2022 version of the wiper system. Make sure its the 2022+ or it will have the old style connector. Also must plug the wiper switch into the wiper switch housing.

SW 1, 2, 3, 4 ports. - Each is paired to a matching rocker switch connector shown below. For them to have power you must plug in a rocker switch. if you don't, they will not work. you can get a rocker at the link I gave earlier.

USB connector - This is the loose black and red wire at the end of the control harness. it is for the USB port. But you can use it for whatever.

USE CASE EXAMPLE.
You want to install a light bar into this fuse box, but NOT Honda's light bar. Ok.
You need the following
---- Correct pigtail. Link below. ( or the one you have)
---- Rocker switch. Links below.

Connect the light bar to the pig tail and plug it into SW1 port.
Get a LED light bar rocker switch and plug it into the SW1 switch housing at the end of the control wires.
Turn key -on and turn the switch on.
Now the LED light bar works.

Well, that is about all I can explain regarding this.

Last edited:
Pirate88

Pirate88

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2023
Southern Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
My sincerest apologies if I'm making everyone crazy. Some more of my thoughts trying to learn.

You said it had a switch and was working. So why move it. Yes, the switch for the Particle Separator is mounted in the switch plate in the dash. It is plugged into the AUX3 port on the Fuse Block. Not one of the female switch blocks on the CONTROL cable. So I moved it to AUX2 to see if there was power. There is.
Aux 1, 2,3 all do the same thing. All are powered when the key is on. YES
Key on = AUX 1, 2, 3 have power... YES
Ok.. So whatever you plug into those will work. Yes, as a "switched accessory". Only functional when the Key is ON. Got it.
Any questions regarding just he AUX ports? No, I have learned it.

The SW port will not work unless you have the control wires plugged in and a switch plugged in to the matching SW housing.
Perhaps we’re not talking about the same thing here.
The Fuse Block has three ports labeled SW1,2,3. The Control Cable has labels on sets of wires labeled SW1,2,3,4,5 and a black and red wires with crimp on female connectors.
When I plug a pigtail into any SW1,2,3 ports on the Fuse block, then use a Volt Meter or 12V test light I do not have power, at any time to any of SW1,2,3
It doesn’t matter if I have the large CONTROL cable plugged into the Fuse Block or not.
With the CONTROL cable plugged into the Fuse Block and the key ON. Using a Volt Meter or 12V test light. I have 12.5V across the black and red wires with female crimp connectors.

One of the female switch blocks has two white wires, there is no voltage present with Key ON.

One of the female switch blocks has two grey wires, there is no voltage present with Key On.

I cannot find a combination of wires to get power to the rest of the female switch blocks.

LEAVE THE CONTROL WIRE PLUGGED IN. Its required for this work. I'm sorry, for what to work?
Did you plug in a switch to the SW switch housing for the matching SW port?
If no, of course there not going to work. You need a switch.
But what switch? One whose wiring matches that of the female switch plug on the CONTROL harness? Am I wrong that doing so requires the switch for that particular Honda accessory? I have a rocker switch and cable for my Rugged Radio equipment. But its wiring does not match any of the CONTROL harness wiring?

Each of the female switch blocks, SW1,2,3,4 has a different number and colors of wiring and different locations where the wires are inserted into the female switch block.
I am assuming (?) that each female switch block is wired to match a Honda accessory?

Thus, If I do not purchase that particular Honda Accessory then the female switch block for that accessory is not usable?

I note there is a female switch block labeled “Wiper”. On the Honda Fuse Block there is a port labeled “Wiper”. I don’t know if both are required to install the Honda Wiper as the dealer still has that accessory.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Plug in the control wires.
Get you a paperclip or some wire.
Jump the 2 white wires on SW3 at the black housing block like below.
This will memic a swtich being plugged in and ON.
Now, re-test the SW3 port for power while the key is on.

Reactions: NewHere2 and Coeus
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well, Thats about all I can explain in text format.
Somewhere my text is getting lost in translation. lol.

I would still be happy to set up a phone call.
We can discuss the bus bar as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewHere2 and Coeus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!