2024 Can Am line up revealed 8-20-23 Completely revamped Sport with 7 speed DCT?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
SO all over the interwebs, is a ton of speculation, patents, and test mule shots around 5 months old showing some bizarre suspension setups on all new body frame etc. Patents filed over a year ago for a 7 speed sequential DCT transmission were made, tons of speculation of using a ROTAX turbo unit out of a snowmobile between 975-1300 cc (Rotax has 200 engine setups) and this is an existing engine alllegedly tuned to near 300HP.

24 x3

Will be interesting to see if ANY of that comes true.

8/20/23 7:30 PM EST on YouTube:

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That suspension arm is dumb
yes, it would limit to 32" tires max accord to those with better pics, however can am benchracing experts on FB are certain that won't make it into production. Other patents have a similar arm up top in front but stays inside wheel area.

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have ROTAX motors not turbos, in my sleds and they getty. Not sure how they go in sugar sand and mud. But in the snow, they will leave your hart 200 feet behind you at the last stop sign
Big, triple cylinder horsepower is no good to me if it doesn't have tractable torque. Watching the YXZ videos showed me how useless that peaky, high rpm power is. The Rotax triple sounds similar with the CVT damping the power, maybe to controllable output. Still not interested.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Big, triple cylinder horsepower is no good to me if it doesn't have tractable torque. Watching the YXZ videos showed me how useless that peaky, high rpm power is. The Rotax triple sounds similar with the CVT damping the power, maybe to controllable output. Still not interested.
Right. I dont think they will be very good in the summer months. Fast if your racing in the right climate/terrain.
Snow is a completely different demon. Theres no comparison.
My Talon with the Snuff tune is a ripper from hell till i get it on trails with sugar sand or muddy terrain then it becomes no better in most cases than my P1 in that stuff. Well its better but the extra isnt helping me on a monsterus scale like when im on a hard pack trail and able to open her up. Thats when that kind of stuff comes alive

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
What is it with Polaris and Can Am and their model designations? RXS RRT x9 WTF

Honda needs to release a BBB p5 model option; High HP, no frills, naked. Only sold at Adult World.

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Yeah, I really like the Talon and I thought for sure Honda would come out with a Turbo'ed machine with a chassis that would handle whooped out trails. I would really like to drive that Honda factory Racing 4 seat machine Honda modified to dessert race.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I don't own a Can-am anything but have friends who do. On the previous style Commander the starters fail often and they are a NIGHTMARE to get to in the V of the engine AND under the center console! A few things seem well-engineered but overall I find that they do look excessively difficult to work on.

I've ridden in X3s and do NOT like that laid-back Corvette seating position for off-road riding. It's impossible to see the terrain close in front of you.