2024 Can Am line up revealed 8-20-23 Completely revamped Sport with 7 speed DCT?

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I don't own a Can-am anything but have friends who do. On the previous style Commander the starters fail often and they are a NIGHTMARE to get to in the V of the engine AND under the center console! A few things seem well-engineered but overall I find that they do look excessively difficult to work on.

I've ridden in X3s and do NOT like that laid-back Corvette seating position for off-road riding. It's impossible to see the terrain close in front of you.
I hear you talkin about the seats, the seats in the new Maverick are the same as the X3 but are 4-way adjustable.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I just order a 2024 Maverick R X RS with the Smart Shox, can show up anywhere between October 1st thru February 1st.
That's awesome keep us posted!
I would trade my POS Talon on one in a heartbeat if I had the cash to justify it, I love the power and suspension of the X3 but always hated belts.

Can Ams dual clutch transmission is going to blow away Honda's single drum shifting with it's laggy up shifts in low traction conditions.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would trade my POS Talon on one in a heartbeat if I had the cash to justify it, I love the power and suspension of the X3 but always hated belts.

Can Ams dual clutch transmission is going to blow away Honda's single drum shifting with it's laggy up shifts in low traction conditions.
Honda's eng. and bean counters div. may be brown bagging lunch in the near future?

H

HondaTech

It's still just a constant mesh transmission, nothing magical. Not sure what you mean by single drum? The Can Am model appears to have one single shift drum as well?

I'll take being able to replace the clutch without removing an entire transmission and half the rear end of the car all day. Doesn't look like the Can-Am unit is serviceable in the car.

Reactions: CID and Blownzuki
Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

Thanks, I do like my Talon and I'm not looking forward on how big the Maverick is. It's going to be a little tight in my enclosed trailer and I added some extenders to my neighbors 18' car trailer so we could put both of our machines on it. Now I'm going to have to add another 12 inches to them.