2024 Yamaha YXZ 1000 w/ 6 speed Automatic?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Source UTV Action magazine:

Screenshot 20230611 201035 Facebook

Screenshot 20230611 201640 Facebook

Apparently wanting to offer Talons some non belt auto competition?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It will be a brand new system.
Id stay away from that like its a skanky hooker for a few years till the bugs get worked out
Yeah, that engine is high strung, previous transmission geared way to high for riding East TN. Even with the Recluse clutch they couldn't go slow enough.

If they got smart and put a 50% reduction low range, that should work.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 5 speed was really good for the roads and sand wash. If they have a super low granny gear, fix the suspension, make it easy to service, and keep the price down it should be popular. I put 20,000 miles on mine. It was the only non-belt drive available before the Talon.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I left my dealer of 50 years (Yamaha, PooPoo) because the YXZ sucks at technical riding. They've been trying to make it work with changes every year. Until they add a dual range transmission of some sort, they'll have trouble taming the peaky triple cylinder's power, 5 or 6 speed. The Talon is much more versatile for my uses.
x.gif

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That triple likes to rev and can be a lot of fun in the wide open, but it won't ever have the torque needed for technical riding, nature of the beast.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That triple likes to rev and can be a lot of fun in the wide open, but it won't ever have the torque needed for technical riding, nature of the beast.
I watch some Adrenaline Junkie utoob videos, you can always hear the CanAm's triple; same peaky HP as the YXZ but the power delivery is tempered with the CVT.

Yes, the KRX and some PooPoo's and Canned Ham's have better suspensions (by a lot), but I'm hooked on the paddle shiftin' DCT 😍 and will live with the Talon's suspension shortcomings. :cool:

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I watch some Adrenaline Junkie utoob videos, you can always hear the CanAm's triple; same peaky HP as the YXZ but the power delivery is tempered with the CVT.

Yes, the KRX and some PooPoo's and Canned Ham's have better suspensions (by a lot), but I'm hooked on the paddle shiftin' DCT 😍 and will live with the Talon's suspension shortcomings. :cool:
I’d have to agree. I love, and I mean love my paddle shifters and transmission.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My YXZ had a few breakdowns in the 20,000 miles. I just hate breakdowns especially on solo rides. Fortunately I wasn't alone when my Yamaha broke. After over 45,000 miles on my Talons without a breakdown it would be hard to buy another YXZ. I plan on buying a 2024 Talon R base model with the Showa shocks. The 4 seat Talon R may be a choice if they have a base model in 2024. I could change my mind if the Talon R live valve works great. My riding buddy is getting one as soon as the dealers get them hopefully this month.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My YXZ had a few breakdowns in the 20,000 miles. I just hate breakdowns especially on solo rides. ...
As I continue to age, this is becoming a bigger fear, almost all of my rides are solo. :oops: I used to believe that I could walk out, eventually, but that's just not realistic anymore because of the remote areas I'm drawn to. Finding other retired and compatible riding buddies in my areas hasn't worked out so far.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Many of my riding buddies are in their 80's with some in their 70's. I take my little Suzuki motorcycle on my big remote rides especially where cell phone coverage is poor. It's important to know where you have cell phone coverage. I'm thinking hard about a 4 seat Talon R for the extra room. I would keep one of my 2 seat Talons for the buddy rides.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Many of my riding buddies are in their 80's with some in their 70's. I take my little Suzuki motorcycle on my big remote rides especially where cell phone coverage is poor. It's important to know where you have cell phone coverage. I'm thinking hard about a 4 seat Talon R for the extra room. I would keep one of my 2 seat Talons for the buddy rides.
I've seen your pocket bike in the Talon's bed, pretty awesome. 👍

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

On the topic of cell coverage, the next full generation of phones from both Apple and Samsung will have Satellite capabilities, currently the iPhone 14 Pro can emergency text on a different network as Garmin iReach devices.

However Samsung has a deal with the Iridium Sat network (what Garmin iReach uses)that will allow actual emergency calls via Satellite, this may likely happen as soon as Feb 2024 with the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. There is still some discussion as buying Sat minutes in advance to allow non emergency calls out of cell networks.

Most commercial pilots have Sat phones on the Iridium network as well as some deployed military as it's fully encrypted.

Where I ride in East TN, cell is very spotty, to The point where you can go 30 miles+ without any signal. So I've been keeping an eye out for this tech. Future versions are trying to get a deal with Starlink for both voice and data on top end cell phones, which could be beneficial for remote excursions.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The satellite feature will justify the high cost of a high-end phone. I knew about the iPhone 14 but wanted to wait until next year and buy the iPhone 15 if Samsung didn't offer one.
This was from a 1/5/23 press release, this is the SOC used in Samsung Galaxy top end series for USA.

Screenshot 20230614 085142 Chrome

And from March of this year:

Screenshot 20230614 085416 Chrome

So within 2 years we should have considerable options for text, voice, and data from new mobile devices.

Screenshot 20230614 090800 Chrome

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!