H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I do expect the Honda will be good. They have had several years to test the Canam and Polaris. Both of them may be much better with the 2025 models. The Polaris has a 2-year warranty for 2025 and finally a sealed cab. Canam has a new door seal. I'm hoping for the 104 hp Talon engine with the oil jets for the pistons. I expect it will be geared down with the extra weight and the compressor but hopefully it will have a top speed above 65. The Polaris tops out at 60.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I do expect the Honda will be good. They have had several years to test the Canam and Polaris. Both of them may be much better with the 2025 models. The Polaris has a 2-year warranty for 2025 and finally a sealed cab. Canam has a new door seal. I'm hoping for the 104 hp Talon engine with the oil jets for the pistons. I expect it will be geared down with the extra weight and the compressor but hopefully it will have a top speed above 65. The Polaris tops out at 60.

Don't hold your breath, they still don't have door bushings figured out.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have had 2 of these Defender HD10 Limited's now for a year (got them in October of 23) I cannot tell you how much of a turd these things are. They are gutless, don't seal well (so you still deal with the massive amount of dust), shift terrible, and squeak like a MF'er. The AC does not work all that great, sometimes it's just better to flip the factory windshield up and roll the windows down. The heater was an amazing thing to have this past December when I was working on my cattle equipment in -24F with 50+mph winds. The one with the tracks hasn't run right since it was delivered. I sent it back to the dealership in July and they still have it and cannot figure out why it will not run. The cab seemed nice at first but the machines are complete garbage. FYI, the tracked one was right at $40,000......... I will be replacing them both with the Honda HVAC pioneers when released.

view
I always thought the fit and finish on them was good…glad I didn’t get one when I got the Pioneer then. !!

R

rockremoval

Aug 19, 2024
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah that warn winch is nice but a bit overkill IMO i put a 3500 Superwinch on mine, has been on sine 16’ and winched more than most people would and still strong as an ox. As long as your happy is al that matters.
Not sure before you bought if u looked at the club store for wenches and the winch bracket? Prob could have saved almost half that. There is some really good stuff in there before u buy accessories in the future to save you some $$ and help support the forum
When you are spending over $20,000 on a toy what’s an extra couple of hundred to get it home and not have to install anything but a couple of bolt ons from here. I currently have a half dozen motorcycles in the garage and have been performing my own work and maintenance for everything that’s come through the garage for 35 years. This machine is at my other place in the sticks. I don’t have a garage and a lot of tools up there so anything that requires work I’ve got to lug tools around.

R

rockremoval

Aug 19, 2024
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah that warn winch is nice but a bit overkill IMO i put a 3500 Superwinch on mine, has been on sine 16’ and winched more than most people would and still strong as an ox. As long as your happy is al that matters.
Not sure before you bought if u looked at the club store for wenches and the winch bracket? Prob could have saved almost half that. There is some really good stuff in there before u buy accessories in the future to save you some $$ and help support the forum
I didn’t know about the club store until after I picked up the machine. I don’t really have plans to add too many things as I mostly will be using it as a pavement princess to get around, yard work and snow plowing as needed. Soft doors and getting the breeze out in the winter is a possibility in the future but a neighbor has that setup and was pissed how it left rub marks on every surface it touches on his new red deluxe. I didn’t look at it too carefully so maybe he installed it incorrectly.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Regardless of how good we can speculate a honda sxs with ac will be, it's almost certain the first iteration of that will have significant issues. Might as well stay away for a few years to let them work through kinks out

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
Add another neighbor to the list, neighbor Gouza just bought an HD10 (non-limited/AC) with a full cab. It's nice and plenty powerful enough for an old guy who's gonna use it for bird hunting & ice fishing. BTW, he's selling his P1K5 now

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!