H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda needs to have some new models for 2025. I like the turbo on the back. One big throttle body. Lots of things to break. I like the double shear suspension. $19,999 4-seater is $22,999. I will wait to see what Honda has for 2025 and would want a 2026 model if I could deal with a belt drive. The first year on an all-new model is hard to trust, especially if it's not a Honda.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's a lot of features for the price. Time will tell if this machine is reliable or not.
Bingo! I know guys that own them and they've all had problems. I've seen a few having problems on the trail too. On the P5 ride at the first TO I attended, we saw a young couple in a new one broken down, @JACKAL towed them back to the church where they could get help. My kid was looking at their quads for a minute, lots of accessories and name brand parts but the reliability just isn't there.
Like I used to tell my buddies that tricked out their Dodge's back in the day, that'll look BA on the side of the road. 🤦‍♂️

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
They have a 50" with a 963cc . . .
So do I

IMG 0462

IMG 1175

🤣

Mike

advertisement
R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520

Ohhh hell yeah!
I really like it. It’s a blast. It’s comfortable, great on the trails and way too fast than it needs to be, so I’ll make it faster, lol.

I took that spill in the picture above while doing donuts. It just happened to get a moment of traction and over it went.

The two negative aspects are high cost and the CVT transmission.

Mike

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
After some miles are on the Can-am machine, you'll probably have to change the clutch rollers. One of my riding buddies has 2 of these and has had to change rollers on both.

Also, go ahead and change the wimpy tie rods NOW or you'll ruin a good day of riding. These are guaranteed to bend or break Superatv seems to be the better replacement. I carry a tie-rod splint with me now to get a broke machine out of the woods WITH steering. Not fun when one wheel is ratchet strapped to the straight position!

Other than a few things they seem to be good machines.

The Z10 turbos are a clear challenge to can-am and polaris that CF Moto is here to play. Amazing that a company like CF Moto is ballsy enough to make these machines while Honda sits around changing colors living off their reputation of quality. Honda clearly has no drive to compete directly with the big boys any longer. Polaris has like 17 factory UTV racer teams while Honda has ONE!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
A lot to like on that Canned ham 50" unit.
A guy here at work has one, he says it's his girlfriends (sure it is).
The only down side in my mind is the noise but wife says I'm already hard of listening so why not.
50" trail machine that can go 41mph (or more).
If @JACKAL puts off the Utah riding trip too long I might show up with one.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The only down side in my mind is the noise but wife says I'm already hard of listening so why not.
It's been 6 years since Utah, definitely ready to go back. Certainly want a 50" machine, preferably Honda, but they won't manufacture enough P520 in enough quantity so that dealers don't have any 10 months out of the year. I REALLY don't want any more CVT machines, but if I had to, the Maverick Trail would probably be my choice after watching this YouTube channel for past 3 years of a Utah based owner with 10K miles on more than one of them.

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520

My 50” Maverick Trail DPS 1000 does 68 mph without issue…still plenty of RPM left.

Mike

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ohhh hell yeah!
I really like it. It’s a blast. It’s comfortable, great on the trails and way too fast than it needs to be, so I’ll make it faster, lol.

I took that spill in the picture above while doing donuts. It just happened to get a moment of traction and over it went.

The two negative aspects are high cost and the CVT transmission.

Mike
There is a dealer 70 miles from me with a new leftover 2023 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS that could be had for about $12,500 I'm tempted, they also have a 2024 800 DPS listed for $14K pretty much no changes from 2022 through 2025 on the Mav trails. For seating comfort for the wife this is a serious consideration, the Pioneer 520 / 1000 bench seat just doesn't cut it for her.