P1000 21 Pioneer 1000-3 dies 10 seconds after starting

J

jsiron

Nov 26, 2021
Odessa Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
21 Pioneer 1000-3, bought new, has 450 miles, garage kept, only water has been a little rain and a garden hose. Started with a random low idle and would occasionally die. Quickly progressed and now will only run for 10 seconds after starting every time. Blink code 13. Has new, fully charged battery. Checked, cleaned, and made sure all grounds and positive connections are tight. Ordered injector plug kits and installed. Checked voltage at injector and it doesn't lose power when it dies. Have not switched injectors to see if it follows. Barely got it out of the woods and next time off trailer is at the dealer service dept. Thought I'd see if anyone had any other ideas or directions to point me in.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Could the iacv be causing it? You said at first the idle was progressively getting worse. Maybe it needs looked at. Or maybe fouled plugs.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
21 Pioneer 1000-3, bought new
Welcome from Michigan.
We needs pics of your rig. Its rule #4 when you join/first post.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

I agree with @Neohio assessment

Reactions: Smitty335
J

jsiron

Nov 26, 2021
Odessa Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If injector wiring repair kits did not solve your issue, swap your pgm-fi (computer) with a known good. The injector driver circuit may be damaged.
Thanks for the response. I will have to rely on dealer as I do not have a known good one.

J

jsiron

Nov 26, 2021
Odessa Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Could the iacv be causing it? You said at first the idle was progressively getting worse. Maybe it needs looked at. Or maybe fouled plugs.
Early before it started dieing I noticed rpm was ranging a little, so I went down the fuel pressure and ignition route. Plugs look fine. Currently it starts and runs smooth as silk then cuts off like you shut it off. No coughing or chugging.

J

jsiron

Nov 26, 2021
Odessa Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Michigan.
We needs pics of your rig. Its rule #4 when you join/first post.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

I agree with @Neohio assessment
Thank you.

IMG 0900

J

jsiron

Nov 26, 2021
Odessa Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
UPDATE:
I took it to the dealer. It was the PGIM-FI computer. Good call @Neohio. Cannot confirm cause, but from here on out, I will be very cautious of jump starting with an old high amp jump pack.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!