People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
TO was a BLAST and the crew did an awesome job with everything! My new P1k5 deluxe did much better than anticipated. Coming from a RMAX with 32's and not having to worry about anything on any trail I was able to handle effortlessly wasn';t the case with the pioneer. The friday ride to prison with Jackal brought alot of people to my rig to check out the front trail bumper, improved tierods and features on the new improved machine. Machine performed good but realized a couple issues needed addressing at the dealer. Everyone behind me on trail asked me how I never hit my breaks on trail; found out brake lights don't work and machine won't start in gear with brake depressed either! seat heat is still present and got pretty toasty even with the bilge 4" fan installed under the new seat trays. Suspension and door rattles were awful but manageable. I think my Milwaukee packout boxes rattled more than the doors or bed do so it is what it is! throttle is much more smoother on takeoff and no bucking or lurching was noticed on this one unlike my 2016 was. On Saturday Richard installed his lightbar and worked without a problem. We did a small group ride with new friends and found our self trying to get up trail to TOW.....I nearly flopped it over twice but with help kept it rubber side down. Definitely wanna get those Fox shocks installed quickly. Considering high clearance arms and 30" tires. Those 3 accessories with get me very close to what the RMAX gave me. Heat rock crawling in low and steam from carwash still made seat heat terrible but I have a trigger shield now and it will be going on soon. I'm so happy to be in a Honda again and machine suits me perfectly. I feel cramped in the RMAX and Pioneer I felt comfortable. I wished I could have had more time to catch up and meet everyone but their is always another time soon!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
TO was a BLAST and the crew did an awesome job with everything! My new P1k5 deluxe did much better than anticipated. Coming from a RMAX with 32's and not having to worry about anything on any trail I was able to handle effortlessly wasn';t the case with the pioneer. The friday ride to prison with Jackal brought alot of people to my rig to check out the front trail bumper, improved tierods and features on the new improved machine. Machine performed good but realized a couple issues needed addressing at the dealer. Everyone behind me on trail asked me how I never hit my breaks on trail; found out brake lights don't work and machine won't start in gear with brake depressed either! seat heat is still present and got pretty toasty even with the bilge 4" fan installed under the new seat trays. Suspension and door rattles were awful but manageable. I think my Milwaukee packout boxes rattled more than the doors or bed do so it is what it is! throttle is much more smoother on takeoff and no bucking or lurching was noticed on this one unlike my 2016 was. On Saturday Richard installed his lightbar and worked without a problem. We did a small group ride with new friends and found our self trying to get up trail to TOW.....I nearly flopped it over twice but with help kept it rubber side down. Definitely wanna get those Fox shocks installed quickly. Considering high clearance arms and 30" tires. Those 3 accessories with get me very close to what the RMAX gave me. Heat rock crawling in low and steam from carwash still made seat heat terrible but I have a trigger shield now and it will be going on soon. I'm so happy to be in a Honda again and machine suits me perfectly. I feel cramped in the RMAX and Pioneer I felt comfortable. I wished I could have had more time to catch up and meet everyone but their is always another time soon!
Where do u have that bilge fan pointed?

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Where do u have that bilge fan pointed?
Right at front of that header pipe. I’m blowing air towards the header pipe. Should I be pulling heat away from header pipe and towards front of floorboard?

5D1BCE1A 5E1F 4FEF BA81 07F1636183A7 Image Image

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Right at front of that header pipe. I’m blowing air towards the header pipe. Should I be pulling heat away from header pipe and towards front of floorboard?

View attachment 338857 View attachment 338858 View attachment 338859
I have mine in the same spot but at a little bit of an angle so it pushes the hot air out of the rear passenger side wheel well. I'm not sure how much space you may have with that tray think now though. Worth a try 👍

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many CFM is your underseat fan? I had my fan on most of the weekend and never had an issue with heat. My Spal fan puts out about 300cfm which is likely more than your bilge fan but it is nearly in the same location. Only big differences are I have a tuner, radiator fan override switch, ceramic coated header and some insulation under the seat mid panel

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
How many CFM is your underseat fan? I had my fan on most of the weekend and never had an issue with heat. My Spal fan puts out about 300cfm which is likely more than your bilge fan but it is nearly in the same location. Only big differences are I have a tuner, radiator fan override switch, ceramic coated header and some insulation under the seat mid panel
Attwood 1749-4 Turbo 4000 Series II In-Line Blower, For 4-Inch Interior Diameter Vent Hose, Water Resistant, 12-Volt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EX02DA/?tag=sxsweb24-20

its this fan

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Interesting thoughts on feeling cramped in RMAX. I get that the tunnel / shift gate area does stop your right knee (even padded ) but, I found being able to rest my arm on the center console a welcome option. Definitely different in foot placement for comfort in the RMAX vs. P1K but after 2 P1K and 25k miles in them I wouldn't say the RMAX is cramped or tight by any means and I'm 6'1" 300lbs. Sorry to hear that heat is still something to overcome in the P1Ks, I've done shields, bilge fans, etc. yet nothing ever stopped the steam in wet conditions, especially frustrating in winter trying to keep inner windshield clear. Glad your overall impression of the P1K is good, it's a very versatile machine with lots to love and only a few warts of inconvenience to deal with.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 338857 View attachment 338858 View attachment 338859
Like @JenElio aka Jennay said. Need to angle it. Plus what @ToddACimer said, your CFM is too low. Should be able to run that baby all day and keep that seat cool. The @trigger shield will help also. Ive kept very cool with my fan since 16’ But it moves big time air.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Like @JenElio aka Jennay said. Need to angle it. Plus what @ToddACimer said, your CFM is too low. Should be able to run that baby all day and keep that seat cool. The @trigger shield will help also. Ive kept very cool with my fan since 16’ But it moves big time air.
What fan did you get?

N

Nvrgiveup

Tonia and I enjoyed getting to meet you and your lovely lady Friday. If y'all wanna get together and day ride somewhere, let us know. We are headed to the Matewan/Gilbert area July 20th. We have a 3 bedroom house 7/20-7/24 and it's just us. Y'all are more than welcome to join us.

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Tonia and I enjoyed getting to meet you and your lovely lady Friday. If y'all wanna get together and day ride somewhere, let us know. We are headed to the Matewan/Gilbert area July 20th. We have a 3 bedroom house 7/20-7/24 and it's just us. Y'all are more than welcome to join us.
That sounds great. We are headed out to Colorado for a week then to Denver and Amtrak to Glenwood Springs hot springs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!