P500 25's or 26' mud tires

scottp500

scottp500

Jun 24, 2015
Do the wider tires in the front affect the steering much?

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
No, I cannot tell any negative effects at all. @jak9922 says that the Ripsaws tend to "push" his through turns sometimes. I haven't noticed it. Maybe due to running the same width all around?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Im not into boggy either but

LOL Im not into boggy much either but lately here in south Carolina we have been nothing but flooded.
I'm in SC also Spartanburg. I hunt down in Saluda tho. Where you at in SC. On tires i think the Mud lite XTR would do you good. Two others i like are the Black diamond XTR and Bear Claw HTR.. I'm Probably getting the Bear Claw HTR in 27" Just the cheapest.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I run what's in my sig and now have 2800 Kms on them or so, gravel road, mud, trails, snow, Powerline and Pipeline RoW's and are wearing well, given usage. Very good tire for all round, as I recall they where 7 lbs including aftermarket rims per corner over the stock ones. They are also DOT rated, for my use was important due to work and running on highway shoulder too, (liability, insurance, permits etc.). I would buy again. The downside without running fender extenders with same size tires, rims, all corners is mud will be flipped up into cab. With fender extenders/mud flaps (and tires) think I'm 54" wide. The overall diameter mounted is 26", width is 10.5", suggest for guys buying tires make sure you check tire dimensions as some manufacturers are not accurate and often are undersized. True 26" tires are much better than stock I think and feel right for gearing.

jrc

Reactions: Montecresto
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Hey - mind if I wake this thread up? I'm a hopefully soon-to-be new owner and I'm thinking about 27x9" blackwater evolution tires all around.

I really like the idea of one tire size.

Questions: Can I put 27x9R12 onto the stock rims? I assume the rear stock rims are wider than the fronts...

I know tire sizes vary a lot despite stated diameter - but will 27" rub at all? I've read a ton and I get conflicting reports. I am ok with a little rubbing at full turn and shock compression.

Will the rear end me noticeably narrower? I can't decide to go with 9" wide all around or 11" wide all around. I'd really like to keep the width at or near 50" to put into a pickup. But - I don't mind backing it in.

thanks everyone

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I went with 26" Bearclaw HTR's. 9" in the front and 11" in the rear. The improvement in ride quality was astounding, even with an 8-ply tire. Radial construction probably has something to do with it. It drives great like it was designed for 26s. That's the beauty of manual gears!

Sold the OEM tires on Craigslist for $100, they were gone within 12 hrs of posting.

Reactions: monaco and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!