P500 25's or 26' mud tires

mr4wdtrd

mr4wdtrd

Jan 14, 2016
Low Country, South Carolina
Hey guys I am new to the forum. 2016 Blue Pioneer 500. Looking to put 25's swamp lites on my girl but wondering if anyone has pushed 26's swamp lites and does it rob any power?. Don't want to waste money on 26's if they are gonna be hard to push. Everything is stock. Was also looking at blackwater evolutions and big horns. any help would be appreciated.

S

Skeeter

Oct 13, 2015
south louisiana
Hey guys I am new to the forum. 2016 Blue Pioneer 500. Looking to put 25's swamp lites on my girl but wondering if anyone has pushed 26's swamp lites and does it rob any power?. Don't want to waste money on 26's if they are gonna be hard to push. Everything is stock. Was also looking at blackwater evolutions and big horns. any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the group !! Robbing power won't be a problem with the P5....with 26's for sure !! Have friends running 29.5" outlaws. I have 28" Outback max ordered, Running 26" Moto's at present with no power lost.

mr4wdtrd

mr4wdtrd

Jan 14, 2016
Welcome to the group !! Robbing power won't be a problem with the P5....with 26's for sure !! Have friends running 29.5" outlaws. I have 28" Outback max ordered, Running 26" Moto's at present with no power lost.

Thanks for the reply skeeter. Think I will opt for the 26's in swamp lites or the bighorns 2.0

mr4wdtrd

mr4wdtrd

Jan 14, 2016

One more question. I'm looking for a decent mud tire that offers a smoothest ride. How are the Moto's?

S

Skeeter

Oct 13, 2015
south louisiana
One more question. I'm looking for a decent mud tire that offers a smoothest ride. How are the Moto's?

They are a little stiff. One of the reasons I'm going with radial tire to help with ride with the more aggressive tire..

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Welcome to the site! It's a great forum, and everyone is very helpful with sharing information. You should not have ANY problems with 26" tires. I am running 27"x11"x14" Ripsaws all around, and have noticed no discernible power loss. P500s are pretty low geared, and I think the benefits outweigh a small (5%?) loss in "start up" speed.

mr4wdtrd

mr4wdtrd

Jan 14, 2016
Welcome to the site! It's a great forum, and everyone is very helpful with sharing information. You should not have ANY problems with 26" tires. I am running 27"x11"x14" Ripsaws all around, and have noticed no discernible power loss. P500s are pretty low geared, and I think the benefits outweigh a small (5%?) loss in "start up" speed.
P500fan

how does your ripsaws do in the mud?

And thanks to you and skeeter for the welcome!

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Running 25 inch bighorn originals. Love them.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Moose how much bigger are the 25 bighorns compared to the stock tires? Any more ground clearance
Picked up about 1 and a half in more clearance. I wanted to keep all low end torque and minimize potential roll over.Very happy with the 25s.

Cathead

Cathead

Nov 23, 2015
26" Zilla on14" wheels

Grumpy

Grumpy

Sep 25, 2014

I put 26" bighorn 2.0 on mine. Have not noticed any loss of power. Gained 2" of clearance, smoother ride, better handling and traction, a slightly noticable increase in speed. Tires should be a top priority on anyones ugrade list. It really enhances the buggy's appeal.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
26's here and more than happy with them. No power problems

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
26" BH 2.0 with a bit wider offset wheels , better clearance and extra stability with base of 53"

mr4wdtrd

mr4wdtrd

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for all the replies guys. It has helped a lot. Narrowed it down to the original bighorns and the 2.0's. Gonna go with a warn winch and she will be set!

Cathead that's a beast!

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
P500fan

how does your ripsaws do in the mud?

And thanks to you and skeeter for the welcome!
They do very well. Up here in AK, I may be running mountain trails, public roads, or coastal swamps at any given time. I am not into "bogging", but have had to run through some fairly gnarly stuff in the past few months. The Ripsaws dig fast in loose dirt and mud, and clean easily. I have been very pleased with them, and would recommend them for an aggressive, all-around tire.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!