P500 25's or 26' mud tires

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
If you were looking at the swamp lites, did you consider the reptile radials? They are very similar to the swamp lite but are radials so they ride better and presumably wear better from what I'm told. Just put a set of 26" reptiles on my 500 last week,just haven't had much chance to test them yet.

Reactions: mr4wdtrd
newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
If you were looking at the swamp lites, did you consider the reptile radials? They are very similar to the swamp lite but are radials so they ride better and presumably wear better from what I'm told. Just put a set of 26" reptiles on my 500 last week,just haven't had much chance to test them yet.
I have 26" reptiles on my p500 . They did very well on some class 4 trails in AR , and are reputed to last 7 to 10 thousand miles .

southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

I have 26" reptiles on my p500 . They did very well on some class 4 trails in AR , and are reputed to last 7 to 10 thousand miles .
Just mounted up the 26 bighorn originals. 26 9 12s o the front, 26 12 12s on the rear. They fit well, has more ground clearance, and do not feel like they sapped out the power in the high gears. I believe 26's are a good fit for the pioneer.

mr4wdtrd

mr4wdtrd

Jan 14, 2016
Low Country, South Carolina

I didn't look at those, I may take another look. Found some vision 550 wheels matte black and bighorns from pure off road. Still on the fence, now between the bighorns and the blackwater evolutions.

mr4wdtrd

mr4wdtrd

Jan 14, 2016
Low Country, South Carolina
Im not into boggy either but
They do very well. Up here in AK, I may be running mountain trails, public roads, or coastal swamps at any given time. I am not into "bogging", but have had to run through some fairly gnarly stuff in the past few months. The Ripsaws dig fast in loose dirt and mud, and clean easily. I have been very pleased with them, and would recommend them for an aggressive, all-around tire.

LOL Im not into boggy much either but lately here in south Carolina we have been nothing but flooded.

Misfit88

Misfit88

Nov 9, 2015
26's here and more than happy with them. No power problems
Just a quick dumb question, if I want to put Big Horn 26" on stock rims. What is the correct tire size fro both front and rear?

Thanks

jonedmonds

jonedmonds

Sep 12, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
Just a quick dumb question, if I want to put Big Horn 26" on stock rims. What is the correct tire size fro both front and rear?

Thanks
I run 26 9 12 front and 26 12 12 rear

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I'm trying to figure out is there a real benefit to having larger size in the rear? Not talking about women I get that, but the atv or utv. I am thinking of running same size on all 4 so I can rotate and have an easy spare.

miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
I'm trying to figure out is there a real benefit to having larger size in the rear? Not talking about women I get that, but the atv or utv. I am thinking of running same size on all 4 so I can rotate and have an easy spare.
Well I look at it this way 4x4 aka trucks have all four tires the same size on all 4 corners so why not I a utv I followed that concept and went with 30x8x12s no spare yet all around works great

W

Willandbill

Nov 25, 2015
Rubbing yes when you go lock to lock on steering wheel and no loss of power but more mile an hour
I run 26-12-12 rears and 26-9-12 bighorn 2.0 on the front. I'm hoping in the summer months, when I launch and retrieve my 850 lb wave runner from a muddy launch area, I'll get more traction/flotation with the wider rear tires. Never had to many problems with my Kaw 650 quad, but that had a shorter wheelbase, front diff lock, and low range. I feel real confident with my P500.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I'm running 27"x11"x14"s all around. Have been very happy. I didn't like the idea of two different sizes, either.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!