P500 27" mega mayhems

H

Hondafreak

Feb 10, 2016
Rienzi Mississippi
I have a new set of mega mayhems. (Front ) 27-9-12 ( rear ) 27-11-12. I put them on a new set of Itp ss212 black rims. I'm gona put them on after I do my first service ( which is in about 20 miles ) which leads me to my question/concern. I ride pretty hard and I'm finding the way I ride that even with the factory tires it's seems to be under powered. Do yall think the mayhems will be too much for it?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a new set of mega mayhems. (Front ) 27-9-12 ( rear ) 27-11-12. I put them on a new set of Itp ss212 black rims. I'm gona put them on after I do my first service ( which is in about 20 miles ) which leads me to my question/concern. I ride pretty hard and I'm finding the way I ride that even with the factory tires it's seems to be under powered. Do yall think the mayhems will be too much for it?
Don't matter much now....
if ya already purchased them

H

Hondafreak

Feb 10, 2016
Rienzi Mississippi
Don't matter much now....
if ya already purchased them
I already had the tires that I bought for another atv but never used. I can trade them for some lighter ones. I was just seeing if anybody has that setup and would give me some input

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I already had the tires that I bought for another atv but never used. I can trade them for some lighter ones. I was just seeing if anybody has that setup and would give me some input
I'm running same rims.....
with maxxis cero,s but
I ride the desert. ...
I would weight the tires
see if it's a big difference.
Everybody rides different. ...
mostly it's wat works for you....
but there's alot of good advice here....
and some of the best fabrication. ....
you will ever witness

Reactions: Tflynn
H

Hondafreak

Feb 10, 2016
Rienzi Mississippi
I'm running same rims.....
with maxxis cero,s but
I ride the desert. ...
I would weight the tires
see if it's a big difference.
Everybody rides different. ...
mostly it's wat works for you....
but there's alot of good advice here....
and some of the best fabrication. ....
you will ever witness
I love this site. I've learned a lot from it. I may just weight them and see. Then do a lil test run. I've talked to a guy on the Honda pioneer 500 riders Facebook page that had 28's mega mayhems on stock rims and he said it was a significant power loss. So I was thinking with 1" shorter tire and aluminum rims it would be better. The stock rims are steel and are kinda heavy. The ss rims are lighter so it may come close to evening out or just a bit over stock setup weight.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I love this site. I've learned a lot from it. I may just weight them and see. Then do a lil test run. I've talked to a guy on the Honda pioneer 500 riders Facebook page that had 28's mega mayhems on stock rims and he said it was a significant power loss. So I was thinking with 1" shorter tire and aluminum rims it would be better. The stock rims are steel and are kinda heavy. The ss rims are lighter so it may come close to evening out or just a bit over stock setup weight.
Yeah.....that's a plan
Remember...tall tires aren't tall with low psi
these tires I got says max psi is 18
I run 15 psi....
just wat ever works for you

H

Hondafreak

Feb 10, 2016
Rienzi Mississippi
Gave the mayhems a test run this past weekend and it did great. I noticed a lil power loss but not much. Will definitely keep them on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!